Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: The Axe of Destiny...

[quote]Quote from Gavin1393 on October 26, 2012, 22:56
    [quote"Did you get the cap from ALS?"

ALS are really good! I hope no one is put off by my remark about them being a tad expensive..... They more than make up for this with amazing, professional and courteous service!
    I had a drama with one of my deliveries- (Dratted Aus Post), and Sean chased it down for me, nothing is too much trouble for these guys when it comes to customer service. 10 out of 10 for ALS.

There is always a workaround for glitches, mistakes and other Guitar building gremlins.....

[b]I hope no one is put off by my remark about them being a tad expensive...
    :P
    I wouldnt be too concerned. I think ALS do get a fair amount of their product from the same source that most of us do and hence they add shipping costs to everything as one might expect. The local stuff is always reasonably priced and nothing is ever too much trouble for them! They make a mean Arch top guitar these days too!
    http://www.buildyourownguitar.com.au/forum/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=1258&dateline=1443806  448Gavmeister

So, the Axe of Destiny is so close to being finished.

Just waiting for my brain to decide which pups to replace the GFS's with....

Do I go for Bareknuckle Nailbombs, Warpigs or Abraxsis?
    Or, do I go for the Aussie made Kinman's?.....

so many choices to be had these days!
    Oh well, I will just have to make up my mind by putting all the names in a hat and drawing out the winner I guess...

There is always a workaround for glitches, mistakes and other Guitar building gremlins.....

Gotta put Kinmans in this one!!! That's my 5c worth, which wont go too far in assisting with the purchase I know!!!
    http://www.buildyourownguitar.com.au/forum/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=1258&dateline=1443806  448Gavmeister

Quote from Gavin1393 on November 4, 2012, 09:13
    Gotta put Kinmans in this one!!! That's my 5c worth, which wont go too far in assisting with the purchase I know!!!
    I do believe you are right Gavin.
    Kinmans it is!
    Been researching and listening to a lot of sound clips and the Kinmans do sound the best for the price.
    All I gotta do now is convince my better half that it is a good investment

Quote from dingobass on November 6, 2012, 23:16
    Quote from Gavin1393 on November 4, 2012, 09:13
    I do believe you are right Gavin.
    Kinmans it is!
    Been researching and listening to a lot of sound clips and the Kinmans do sound the best for the price.
    All I gotta do now is convince my better half that it is a good investment
    Then again, you could use:
    • Fender Custom Shop 69s (neck and middle)
    • Duncan SSL5 (bridge

And borrow my Hiwatt, Baja Tube Overdrive, and a Muff. That produces one heck of a tone.

(Especially if you're David Gilmour.)

I am convinced.... Overwhelmingy so.
    Kinmans it is.....
    Just gotta get 'em, install'em and hope the other half don't notice

Hope to finish this build by the end of next week so I can package it up and send it over East to it's unsuspecting new owner before Christmas sneaks up on us

Quote from dingobass on November 7, 2012, 11:06
    I am convinced.... Overwhelmingy so.
    Kinmans it is.....
    Just gotta get 'em, install'em and hope the other half don't notice

Hope to finish this build by the end of next week so I can package it up and send it over East to it's unsuspecting new owner before Christmas sneaks up on us
    If she does notice and complains....just ask her how many pairs of shoes she has and why on earth does she need to buy more....that's kinda how I have accumulated 5 electrics, one MIDI, eleven acoustics and two uke's...and a cupboard full of my wifes shoes!

[/quote] If she does notice and complains....just ask her how many pairs of shoes she has and why on earth does she need to buy more....that's kinda how I have accumulated 5 electrics, one MIDI, eleven acoustics and two uke's...and a cupboard full of my wifes shoes! [/quote]

Thing is, my Better Half isn't really all that into shoes......More of a garden plant kinda Gal.... I suppose I could try the same line of logic and transpose shoes for plants..... I am so gunna be dead when she realises I have spent another s#%t load of cash on this build

Well, the French Polish has not worked out on this build for reasons known only to the Guitar Gods....
    So off it came, giving me the perfect excuse to test out Wudtone finishes.

Two base coats and all I can say is WOW

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast