Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: Fender Style

Overlord of Music
    Hey Glenn,

From what I know of those 'renovator' tools you speak of, they work on micro vibrations. As such you might be better using rasps/files after you jigsaw your rough shape as the 'renovator' won't really remove any material (not quickly anyway). It will be useful as a final step to clean up the working marks however. Good luck!
    'As long as there's, you know, sex and drugs, I can do without the rock and roll.'

Hi Pablo (nice to meet you!)

I've recently completely gutted and rebuilt my kitchen, and the "Renovator" tool was a ripper (sometimes literally!), in taking out discrete areas of plasterboard, trimming stuff, cutting metal ... all sorts of things. It can be a destroyer of worlds or a nymph's kiss, depending on the attachment and the force applied. I'll be careful and willing to change about as necessary, and I'll always observe the DingoBass law:
    [*]TAKE IT SLOW!

GGP

Overlord of Music
    Oh well that's cool! I have to admit, I've only seen ads for those things and they struck me as quite gutless. I have an inherit distrust for tools that 'do it all', and advertising.
    'As long as there's, you know, sex and drugs, I can do without the rock and roll.'

Nah, the buggers (Renovator tools) are pretty potent, the trick is actually knowing how to not do damage with them. Some of the best money someone else spent on me, to be honest.

(I am very, very lucky to have a wealthy benefactor who contributes to my tool stock from time to time. A bit like having Bruce Wayne in your life, but without all the spectacular crime in your neighbourhood.)

GGP

Hey - found this tonight - somewhat close to the Fender font - F doesn't connect to the e the same, but if people are looking for something somewhat close...

http://fontmeme.com/fender-font/

Deep in the bowels of My PC I have this PDF file which contains details of about 7 different Strat headstock shapes. Print these out on some A4 and take your pick of anyone you may like.

Hmmm That didn't seem to work.......
    Kellza
    (PK)
    "Jack of all trades, Master of None"
    "You'll never ever know if you don't have a go"

https://www.facebook.com/PaulWKelly

Avatar Image is a "The headstock of my first scratchy"

Cool

Thanks, I'm feeling an STA-1 coming on very shortly so the templates will come in handy

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2