Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4

Thread: Got my first kit!

Adam, I used White Knight white spray paint then a gloss lacquer spray over the top, about a billion layers of each. =D

I have definitely been taking away the paint from the neck pocket and pickups holes etc, and I know the reasonings for that.

I did do a practice go on a peice of scrap wood to get the feel but I unfortunately don't have the money to buy a kit just to have in ruin!

I don't understand what you mean by setting the neck up, what more do I have to do installing-wise to get it perfect other than sitting it in and screwing it in?

Quote from MitchellJBurgess on October 20, 2012, 12:02
    I did do a practice go on a peice of scrap wood to get the feel but I unfortunately don't have the money to buy a kit just to have in ruin!
    You got the box the kit came in?

Quote from MitchellJBurgess on October 20, 2012, 12:02

I don't understand what you mean by setting the neck up, what more do I have to do installing-wise to get it perfect other than sitting it in and screwing it in?
    There is an article in "Setting up your Pit Bull Guitar" on how to set the neck up properly in the three dimensions. It is the most important thing in building/preparing a guitar.

Hey Mitchell,

That Axe is HOT! Super sexy.
    Well done young man.

Dingobass.

There is always a workaround for glitches, mistakes and other Guitar building gremlins.....

Alright, thanks for the help!
    And of course Adam,
    And of course also Dingobass!

And thankyou for the compliment!

Hey Mitchell,

No probs Mate.
    Hope you have many good years with that axe!
    Don't ever be afraid of upgrading and playing around with it. As you grow as a musician, let it grow with you.
    As time passes you will find your sound will change but always cherish where you started and never put your self down!
    All the best, and here is to a life time of making great music!

Dingobass

There is always a workaround for glitches, mistakes and other Guitar building gremlins.....

Mitchell, are you using an acrylic enamel paint or simply an acrylic. Enamel paint takes much longer to cure ant this might be why the paint is still wet. Otherwise, if you are using the correct paint you need to allow the paint time to dry. Poor weather conditions may extend the drying period. Be mindful of this. Good luck!
    http://www.buildyourownguitar.com.au/forum/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=1258&dateline=1443806  448Gavmeister

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4