Thread: Help Needed

Help Needed

Hi all,
    Trying to get the pick-ups set and wanting to make sure that this is wired correctly. It came mostly wired in the box, however my son's friend decided to play around with pickguard and the wires came disconnected. Stupidly I hadn't taken a photo of the set up prior. Building a PB-30R bass, so should follow the standard P- Bass wiring I'm guessing.
    My problem is when connected to amp, and I thought it was done and had it all stringed up and was setting pick-ups, there is no sound when strumming. There is a slight buzzing noise and when tapping on the pick-ups with a screwdriver it does make a click type noise.
    Have I messed something up or am I missing something Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG20221222180551_copy_1200x1600_copy_900x1200.jpg 
Views:	95 
Size:	203.6 KB 
ID:	43867

It’s difficult to be certain from the photo, but it appears you have two black wires connected to the ‘hot’ out lug on the output jack and both are soldered to the back of the tone pot… yes?

One black should go from the ‘hot’ lug of the jack to the middle lug of the volume pot (which appears to have no connection at the moment). The other black should go from the back of the tone pot to the ‘ground’ lug on the jack with the yellow (I’m assuming the yellow is the ground connection for your bridge).

Again, it’s hard to tell from that photo but it seems that is the problem.
    Scott.

Thank you mate, much appreciated. Your advice worked a treat and now it's working properly