Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: I just bought one of these on eBay as a birthday present to myself for this year.

Possibly availability. There seem to be quite a few ‘standard’ kits that are not listed at the moment.

The Overlord of Music bridges are the only headless ones available cheap enough to supply with a kit, and they are a long way from perfect and really need work to them to make them perform adequately.

There will probably be trademark issues with the small Steinberger body shape, so you’d have to have a kit that had a different body shape, though it wouldn’t be hard to make one that could easily be cut down to size if you wanted to.

I can get a new Spirit GT-PRO in the UK from £299 shipped and that includes a gig bag. Given that the headless kits cost more than than a lot of otherwise similar kits due to the extra hardware costs, and the extra costs of shipping and duty and the finishes, it wouldn’t make economic sense for me not to buy a real Spirit, given that the hardware on the Spirit would be far superior to that which came with the kit.

Since the single ball-end string adaptor I made seems to be working really well, I decided to go ahead and order a Brass six-string adaptor from this website:

https://headlessusa.com/string-adaptrrs

So far I've been having a great time playing my new Steinberger guitar, I took it and my Boss Katana amp to a jam night on Tuesday night, had a great time.
    Last edited by DrNomis_44; 25-08-2022 at 04:26 PM.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2