Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: DJT-1 offset tele?

It may well be, but you’ll have to buy one. Unlikely you’d get a swap. And you may still have to plug and drill the mounting holes as there’s no guarantee that they come from the same factory. Pit Bull kits come from 3 or 4 different factories, and the hardware kits those factories buy in from other factories are generally similar but not identical.

You can get a Wilkinson tele bridge with 3 compensated brass saddles and top-load or string-through for $55 from Realparts. (plus $4.95 EXPRESS shipping!) They're excellent and just up the Sunshine Coast.

LINKY
    Making the world a better place; one guitar at a time...

This one, right?
    https://www.realparts.com.au/bridges...ge-chrome.html
    PitBull have said they would supply swapped & with black pickguard.
    Beginning to think it might be easier to scratch build a body (done it before) & preferred hardware, just buy a 25.5 scale PitBull neck.

That's the bridge.

If you can scratch-build the body, then why not. But could you get similarly figured ash for the body, or aren't you bothered about that and are happy using other woods?

Just ordered DJT-1 with TL-1 bridge & rosewood fretboard. Black pickguard not available, nor are string ferrules. Will build as string through at first. Then consider making black pickguard, upgrade to Wilkinson bridge with brass compensated saddles & go string through with ferrules. Will start a new build thread.

Check on the string-through spacing before buying replacement bridges. The string spacing is probably 52.5 mm E to E, but some Tele bridges are 54mm and you don’t want a mismatch between the body string holes and the holes in the bridge plate. Whatever spacing you drill the body holes at will determine the replacement bridge spacing.

Tele bridges can also vary in length and string-through hole position relative to the pickup position. So if you are going to upgrade the bridge, measure carefully and get one with the same relative dimensions (though I’d go straight to a replacement bridge myself).

Thanks. Yeah, I am considering going straight for the replacement. Another build, TL-1, I saw found the saddle screws were a different length with replacement bridge. A Wilkinson bridge I bought for another project was supposed to have 10.5mm saddles. They are 10.8mm saddles on a plate with 10.5 spacing. PITA.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2