Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: DJT-1 offset tele?

DJT-1 offset tele?

I was looking through the Pitbull website, these are offset teles, right? Do they come with the same bridge plate as the TL-1, which appears to have holes for either through body or rear string entry? Thx
    https://www.pitbullguitars.com/shop/...ic-guitar-kit/

Just going by the photos on the product pages of each, the DJT-1 bridge doesn't appear to be drilled for a string-through.
    However, hardware packs included in the kits can vary as, TTBOMK, they are acquired from different manufacturers depending on supply.

It may be worth emailing Pitbull and asking if they can confirm what bridge type is in the one of the actual kits. Obviously I can't speak for them, but they may even have a string-through plate kicking around if that's your preference. Doesn't hurt to ask...
    Making the world a better place; one guitar at a time...

I've emailed Pitbull, just waiting to hear back. The DJT-1 is an offset tele, isn't it?

You could certainly call it an offset Tele. But looking at the kit pictures, as McCreed says, the bridge looks to be top-loading only. Not that there aren't lots of cheap string-through bridges around if you want to make it string-through. But the body isn't drilled for string-through, so you'd have to do that yourself.

Reason I want the TL-1 plate is that photos suggest it has both top loading & string through holes. Plan would be to use as top loader initially, then when happy with bridge location convert to string through. I also asked if the kit could be supplied without bridge plate holes. Forgot to ask if a black pickguard could be supplied.

Here's a picture of the bridge from the product page.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Tele bridge.jpg 
Views:	62 
Size:	51.6 KB 
ID:	43252

Only the 4 screw mounting holes, no string-through holes.

Reason I want the TL-1 plate is that photos suggest it has both top loading & string through holes. Plan would be to use as top loader initially, then when happy with bridge location convert to string through.
    FWIW, if you want a string-through, you're better of doing it now than down the track IMO.

The challenge of drilling the string holes and then the ferrule holes is compounded if the body has been finished, because things can go wrong and you risk scratching or damaging the existing finish. This results in touch-ups or possibly a total refinish on top the initial job. (don't ask me how I know this )

Also, if for some reason you need to use a different bridge for the string-through, there may be issues matching the mounting holes or other alignment problems.

Just my two cents...
    Making the world a better place; one guitar at a time...

Quote Originally Posted by guitalias View Post
    I've emailed Pitbull, just waiting to hear back. The DJT-1 is an offset tele, isn't it?
    I'm waiting for a reply too but realised it's a public holiday today everywhere but here in Qld.

I agree with McCreed. If you want both options, much easier to do it now than later. It’s surprising how different the footprint and mounting hole locations of different ‘modern’ Tele bridges are (even Fender’s own units). Only the vintage ashtray ones seem to be compatible between manufacturers.

Yep, this is why I'm awaiting confirmation the TL-1 bridge plate is drilled for both top loading & string through. So I can get scale length spot on with top loading, mark through holes for string through, drill, counterbore for ferrules, with the same TL-1 bridge plate. Then remove hardware, final prep & finish.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast