Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: June Guitar of the Month

OK comp closed - new one is already opened.

Hey Brendan! Any news on this GOTM?
    The tension and the suspence are through the roof over here! :-)

Mike.L's GS7-Z -
    Wow, having previously been a 7 string player, this is one of the best 7 strings I've ever seen. Love the colour tone and finish, and a good list of practical upgrades.
    A number of classy upgrades to this guitar – with looks to match.
    Love the effort you have gone into to get the shine in the pics. You’ve done a great job and should be proud. Only downside to me is no logo!
    Great attention to detail with the intersection of neck to headstock and body. Love how you’ve extended the black into these areas. Looks like the guitar would be a real player – great work!

Johnbamb's ST-1M -
    Frankenstrats have never grabbed me, but this looks like a well made copy.
    Nicely put together. Seems to have been a little bleed through on the tape at a couple of points. Great straplocks – they’re not going anywhere!
    Great choice for colours. Reminiscent of the Frankenstrat, but not as beat up. It would really stand out in a shop.
    Nicely done. Overall great effect. Downside is the logo – you’ve built it – feel free to own it!

FaustoB's GPB-4 -
    I love this in a curious way. The end result is quite plain and un-assuming (at least in the photos) but I really love the attention to detail the you have explained behind the scenes - especially the tactile fret markers, contoured neck join and shortened scale. I really appreciate when builders put extra effort into making a great playing guitar, not just slapping together a kit.
    Love the clean and simple palette here. Keeping it simple and refined with some customisation – that is not apparent at first glance. Great work.
    Simple, classy and refined. Love the logo and headstock.
    Great job – while it may not stand out in a store – it is not shouting out “look at me!” – those who looked deeper and picked it up would appreciate the artistry in making it.

NGCBuilder's IB-5 -
    A nice build with a good deep finish. I agree that an airbrushed logo is the way to go for next time!
    While this kind of green is not my favourite colour in wood – this kind of works with the black. Nice work with the airbrush on the back of the headstock, and agree with the logo.
    Nice work – can see some attention to details in the finish. Well done!
    Puts me in mind of the old Lou Ferigno Hulk – great work, but must be a beast to cart around! I agree with the amp needing to do the low B justice…

And to the runner up!

Congratulations Mike.L - your GS7-Z has been well appreciated!

And to the winner FaustoB - your attention to detail with your GPB-4 has been a winner with the judges!

Good work everyone and congratulations to the winners!

+ 1 for the great work for all entries.
    PitBull Builds: FVB-4, LP-1SS, FBM-1, AG-2, TB-4, SSCM-1, TLA-1, TL-1TB, STA-1HT, DSCM-1 Truckster, ST-1, STA-1, MBM-1.

Scratch Builds: Pine Explorer, Axe Bass, Mr Scary, Scratchy Tele's.

The little voices in my head keep telling me "build more guitars"

Great job to the winners

Just a note on my entry
    ##Downside is the logo – you’ve built it – feel free to own it!##

It is a replica of what EVH had on his (Worn off Gibson water slide) - i covered it to stay inside the rules

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2