Thread: tb4 wiring diagram

tb4 wiring diagram

hey people my first time here,can any one help with a wiring diagram for a tb4 bass. the one listing for it under wiring diagrams is in correct .i have 2black double coil (i think ) pickups 2 vols and one tone no switch and cant find any info anywhere:

Hi Hell Billy,

This is the one I used for mine:

https://www.pitbullguitars.com/wp-co...pot%202017.pdf

The picture does not show double coils in the wiring diagram but I'm sure they are in the kit.

I hope this helps.
    PitBull Builds: FVB-4, LP-1SS, FBM-1, AG-2, TB-4, SSCM-1, TLA-1, TL-1TB, STA-1HT, DSCM-1 Truckster, ST-1, STA-1, MBM-1.

Scratch Builds: Pine Explorer, Axe Bass, Mr Scary, Scratchy Tele's.

The little voices in my head keep telling me "build more guitars"

Angry tb4 wiring diagram

Quote Originally Posted by hell billy View Post
    hey people my first time here,can any one help with a wiring diagram for a tb4 bass. the one listing for it under wiring diagrams is in correct .i have 2black double coil (i think ) pickups 2 vols and one tone no switch and cant find any info anywhere:
    thanks trevor, my pickups both have a red and white wire joined together ,a green and metal wire joined together and a black wire ,unfortunately nothing like diagram you posted, i dont know if it will damage anything if i try winging it,still cant believe they dont come with a printed diagram to suit ,after returning a whole guitar kit ,(they sent me the wrong kit)wasnt a tb4,then that kit had 5 string pickups in it ,then they sent me a new pick ups that fit the holes but no wiring diagram and no screws for the scratch plate ,then the bridge distance was wrong ,so they sent me another body and neck ,man i'm starting to feel pretty let down by my first pitbull experience....anyway if anyone knows how to wire these pickups i love to hear from you, will need a diagram if possible .i know i'm new to doing this but surely its not meant to be this hard

The diagram linked above is the correct layout to use for a bass with 2 Vol, 1 Tone and no switch. The ‘4 wire’ pickups with your kit just need to be matched with the diagram.

Black = ‘hot’ (connect to the volume pot lug)
    Red & White = series link between pickup coils (just insulate the joined ends with heat shrink or tape, so it can’t short on anything)
    Green & Bare = ‘shield’ (connect to a ground point on the back of the pot)
    Scott.

thanks scott ,for the description ,man ive never done this before so i dont know what any of it means,sorry gotta learn some how,so when you say connect black to volume pot lug ,which one ?there are 3 lugs on each pot ,dunno what series link means either,do you mean join them together or dont attach them to any thing at all ?and again connect green and bare wires to ground point on back of pot, which pot ?tone or vol ?and which lug is ground ? i really need a printed diagram so i can understand what you are saying ,idont have a printer so i cant look at the diagram and read your description at the same time ,thanks to all or any who can help

View from back, the dots are your solder points.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	TB4_4wire_2vol_1tone.png 
Views:	139 
Size:	273.4 KB 
ID:	43057
    Scott.

hey scott, thanks man, i was thinking about gettin all pete townsend on it ,now i can finish it and play it,owe you one. pitbull are lucky to have guys like you helping them out

Quote Originally Posted by hell billy View Post
    hey scott, thanks man, i was thinking about gettin all pete townsend on it ,now i can finish it and play it,owe you one. pitbull are lucky to have guys like you helping them out
    Glad you got this all sorted. A good clear circuit diagram from Weirdbits. Just keep asking questions if needed - sometimes it may take a while but definitely no need for a pete townsend.
    PitBull Builds: FVB-4, LP-1SS, FBM-1, AG-2, TB-4, SSCM-1, TLA-1, TL-1TB, STA-1HT, DSCM-1 Truckster, ST-1, STA-1, MBM-1.

Scratch Builds: Pine Explorer, Axe Bass, Mr Scary, Scratchy Tele's.

The little voices in my head keep telling me "build more guitars"

Pretty much the same wiring diagram as the EX-4.