Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: April GOTM

1: Johnbamb's GHQ-1:
    Wow, really diggin' this. Great work overcoming the issues and creating something unique. Love the colour, nice upgrades and very cool overall result. Definitely a beast, and the case just tops it off.
    Stunning! Awesome rescue job. Great finish, you must be proud.
    - Love the boldness and uniqueness of this guitar
    - Great colour choice matches the extreme design
    - Black hardware pops on the orange
    - Fix up job on the fret board is awesome and suits the modern style of guidar
    - Great "headstock" logo on the guitar's butt! I guess thats what happens when you build a headless guitar
    - Nitpicking - Would have been good to hide the wires showing through f-holes.
    - Would I reach for it in a shop - for sure.
    Nicely finished and put together. Like your approach to a logo and the outcome has been great. Not sure I’m into the binding though with the overall orange look.

2: PorkyPig's ES-1F:
    Good looking first build. I really like the colour transition on the neck heel blending with the sides. The gold hardware works well with the colours, but the TRC looks a little out of sorts with everything else. A nice result.
    Impressive finish. I’d love to see a less angular truss rod cover on such a curly guitar. I would have been tempted to stain the back to darken it up a bit. All round great job.
    - Great first effort, nice clean finish.
    - Not sure the gold hardware works with the natural finish.
    - I would have liked to see a darker headstock as it looks as though dye has not really taken.
    Nicely done. Looks like the dues have been nicely applied, but haven’t given it a great depth – great at picking out the flame though. Overall effect is a great guitar and to have finished one of these as a first build – bravo!

3: Franky28's JZ-6:
    My kind of crazy. Interesting colours and finish that work really nicely with the hardware. Pickups galore, switching, excellent headstock and logo, and a Bara to boot. Awesome.
    Interesting mods. I found the back of the neck a bit jarring. Actually having a bridge pickup on one of these is a positive.
    Glam Glam Glam - I can see this played by someone with flairs and glitter platform boots in a 70's roller disco
    Great glitter finish which makes this a unique piece of art.
    - Gold hardware matches the finish nicely
    - Engraving on the neck plate nice towch
    - I love the finish on the back of the neck, accentuated grain giving it a real nice vintage feel
    - Not my cup of tea to buy, however it certainly has store appeal for someone who is looking for a standout instrument
    - Nice work
    That’s a whole lot of gold! Not sure why you didn’t go gold pickguard? Overall – plenty of options with two buckers and two single coils.

4: Ozzlefinch's JBA-4L:
    I really like the body and I really like the headstock, but not so much together. It feels like two different themes. The natural look of the body and back of the neck is spectacular, matching nicely with the chrome and white plastics. Really nice first build.
    Great gloss finish and great headstock finish. To me they feel like they belong to 2 separate basses though. Can’t fault the execution.
    - This is one of my favourites
    - White pick guard and blue headstock really work with the natural body
    - The body finish is beautiful really accentuating the grain
    - Hardware perfectly finishes the instrument giving it a premium appeal
    - If I was a Bass Player then I would certainly reach for this.
    Love the look of this, but with the obscured logo – have a feeling I’d prefer that you put your own logo on it – rather than someone elses. Finish is stunning, both the sprayed colour and clear.

5: Paul Simon's LP-DSCM-1Q:
    Beautiful looking jade top complimented by the natural tones of the back and neck. Good choice with the veneers and extensive upgrades. Great attention to detail and a refret taking it over the top. A logo/decal on the headstock or TRC would have been nice. Excellent build.
    Great finish. Beautiful guitar.
    - This is a beautiful guitar
    - Standout feature is the headstock. One of the few times that the beauty of the grain doesn't require a logo to finish off the guitar. Slight contrast in the truss rod cover ads to the class.
    - Body stain has brought to life the quilted finish which reminds me of the ocean, although not quite my taste in colour.
    - Obviously a lot of detail has gone into the electronics to make this an instrument that will be played.
    Nicely done. Colours are nice and deep – overall it has come out beautifully. Can see that you’ve spent time getting everything right. Personal pickiness – would be that I’d have gone cream or silver knobs to tie it all together, but beauty is individual.

So the runner up -
    Some nice cleaning up and a nicely finished guitar!

Johnbamb's GHQ-1 -

And the winner:
    For consistency and colour choice - great work

Paul Simon's LP-DSCM-1Q -

Congratulations to the winners! Another month with some great builds.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2