Thread: TB4/IB5(4)Wiring diagrams

TB4/IB5(4)Wiring diagrams

Hi all, this stuff sure keeps me scratching my head. The more I read, there is still way more scratching to do. But, my current scratching is on the subject line. On the IB5(4) diagram, it shows the first of the 3 tabs on on both volume pots, what it looks to be the tab bent up and over the top, but no dot showing a solder connection? The TB4 diagram shows the same table bent up over the top WITH the dot indicating it is a soldered connection. My question is, why does one show a solder dot but not the other? Why show the tab bent up but not soldered?
    Second reason for scratching my head is that I just wonder why it’s acceptable to have a forum where these questions get asked when these drawings are just wrong, or as I have read on this forum that they are. If wiring from pickups are different and change, then a quick description should be including to show how to wire what’s included with the diagrams provided. Heck, I would gladly pay a few bucks more to get up to date wiring instruction with the guitar.

Traditionally the bent up tab would be soldered to the body of the pot.
    Some say it might be better not to bend that tab up but use a tiny bit of wire to connect the tab to the body, this has the advantage in that if you use the wrong tab you just remove solder the tiny bit of wire and put it onto a different tab.

Thanks a lot! Getting close on both the TB and IB 4’s.

Added pics of completed TB and IB-4’s

Here they go. What fun and I am having a blast with the dying and my self entrance into a meditation program using the rubbing of Gun oil on my guitar!
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	3B96686A-D1B6-4985-A00D-AB960949376A.jpeg 
Views:	72 
Size:	301.7 KB 
ID:	42774   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	36CB7348-8ECA-4DE1-B261-01B235841F63.jpeg 
Views:	67 
Size:	195.6 KB 
ID:	42775  

hey mate did you ever get a wiring diagram for your tb4 to work ? if so any chance of printing it ?i have an unfinished tb4 that i'd really like to play but need an updated w.d. any help would be appreciated ,it sounds like you got your tb4 working .thanks hell billy