Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Thread: sexy ATL-1SB "THINLINE" first build journey

Hello folks,
    Today I'm filling the wrong predrills, fixing also another guitar...
    I wasn't sure about try to burn the back of the guitar so I let faith choose for me and the coin said burn it down....no problem til I did just the back, that was my first idea...than I saw how it worked and I though that also the side with those lovely lines could be good....bad idea....once o started with the side, the central block on the bottom side choose to crack...I'm feeling obviously like a dumb idiot but likely seem just few little silly cracks, in the last 2 days nothing move...the first plan was to use only truoil but I'm thinking that maybe 1 or 2 hands of grain filler could be an idea to think at. Beside this high risk I'm quite happy about how everything is going on. Still a lot to sand, especially the neck that has few chips to make even. Can't wait to start oiling all and to bolt the neck on..

Spikes https://imgur.com/a/Y9glBbO
    Last edited by thiscocktail; 22-02-2022 at 05:18 PM.

I did many mistakes, especially to work on it on the wrong day I wasn't in the right mood and focus to put my hands on it...

Working in the spare room in my home also dog didn't helped, it make the kit fall on floor 4 times making some scratches, blow and other stuff...after a lot I choose to fix somethings and other no, to leave as traces of my mistakes. The bigger issue I've done is making the body through holes of the bridge...almost perfect the holes under the bridge, a kind of disaster on the backside...definitely not inline and holes that breaks to much wood...I put tape and a matching piece of wood but I was working with the wrong position, with a nonsense rush, and to much rage in my mind...my bad.

I had an issue also with the bridge, I received some extra pieces of the kit with the missing part....there was also another bridge...it looks identical to the ones I already had and I used both to check the position for drills because one had mounted on the PU in it and the other one no....obviously the bridge are not identical, are simply similar...but the one that fit badly into the PU pocket is a good one, the other fit perfectly into the hole and I can reach the right Diapason distance and center the position perfectly, or at least it looks to me, but the holes for the string, the back ones, and the body through also are little out of the center to the saddlers..at the end I choose for the second one. I did 2 coats of true oil on the neck/fretboard and 1 on the body...not sure If I want to sand it again to fix some scratches or not and If I have to fill or glue the little cracks I made.

More happy than what I expect

some pics

https://imgur.com/a/pu2zHnM

Sounds like you have been having fun with this, burning is, throwing it around, it's called character building.
    The pictures don't really show the mistakes, looking good.

Quote Originally Posted by RocknRolf View Post
    Sounds like you have been having fun with this, burning is, throwing it around, it's called character building.
    The pictures don't really show the mistakes, looking good.
    Yes, I definitely had so much fun, and I'm still having (I'm adding a switchable lpb-1 boost on board, I love to complicate my life&#128517

Thanks a lot, I'm happy that the work looks good not only to my eyes.

Good day everyone.

I'm at wiring point...still have to fix a disaster I made with truoil on the fretboard but I'm not that far...and I'm not gonna make it perfect as a reminder for the next time...

I want to add an lpb-1 circuit between PU and Jack. I'm not sure if this scheme could work. That is what I figured out considering the prewired electronic I received with the kit. I'm not really good at drawing schemes, tried to make it more understandable as possible.

https://imgur.com/ab9AYRc

Thanks

Some things to consider. Have you tired to fit everything you need housed in that control cavity including the pcb? Keep in mind you'll need an extra pot to adjust the boost on the lpb-1. And where do you plan on housing the 9v in terms of being quick and easy to change? Routing would be needed if your planning on routing a cavity in the back, which is all achievable, but needs to be planned out. I think that switch configuration would work, would be good to see if it added any ground noise while bypassed etc.

7. Liked by: thiscocktail

Quote Originally Posted by Bakersdozen View Post
    Some things to consider. Have you tired to fit everything you need housed in that control cavity including the pcb? Keep in mind you'll need an extra pot to adjust the boost on the lpb-1. And where do you plan on housing the 9v in terms of being quick and easy to change? Routing would be needed if your planning on routing a cavity in the back, which is all achievable, but needs to be planned out. I think that switch configuration would work, would be good to see if it added any ground noise while bypassed etc.
    I already saw that I can fit the switch, the PCB (is small like a thumb nail) the trimpot and also the 9v...not sure yet about how to fix it, I'm considering atm 3 different solutions and quite surely I'll go for the fourth
    I made the choice to do not do an extra room with easy access because I have no tools to make it happen without the risk to make a serious disaster, I'm on my first build so I'm not really confident with many things.
    I guess that the circuit will not eat that much of energy so I hope to don't have to change the battery that often

Asking on various DIY pedal effect and wiring FB groups I had some tip about hot to reduce the risk of ground noise and I guess it's not gonna be the issue, I'm more worried about the pop once you active the circuit. I'm trying to figure out the best solution because once I start to solder everything if something will need modification it's gonna be a kind of pain, I have enough room to fit everything inside but not that much to work with confort

Well well well.....seems I'm almost done with my first build.

a quick overview about how it sounds and looks....I added an LPB-1 boost on board...soon better pics and vid

Nice work work mate! Looks and sounds great!
    Are those the kit pickups or did you swap?
    Making the world a better place; one guitar at a time...

Quote Originally Posted by McCreed View Post
    Nice work work mate! Looks and sounds great!
    Are those the kit pickups or did you swap?
    They are the kit's ones.
    I'm not happy about setup, my bad I'm not very good at it...tomorrow I'll do it again following a step by step tutorial...the nut needs some adjustment I think..and some frets, the first 3 ish, are not sounding very well, are not buzzing but they sounds like "into a box" if you get what I mean.

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast