Thread: New studio PC build.

Threaded View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

New studio PC build.

Hey Everyone....

Thought I would start a new thread about my new Studio PC build, so here are the details....

Specs:

CPU: A brand-new AMD Ryzen 7 3700X 8-core 3.5GHz, overclockable to 4.3 GHz, each of the 8 cores can handle two threads simultaneously, so the Ryzen 7 3700X comes up as a 16-core in Device Manager.

Motherboard: A brand-new Asus TUF Gaming X570 Plus WiFi gaming motherboard.

Ram: X2 New 8Gb DDR4 3200 (16Gb in total, motherboard supports up to a whopping 128Gb of Ram).

System Drive: X1 Crucial NVME 1Tb M.2 SSD.

Optical Drives: X2 Multi Layer DVD Burners.

Graphics Card: Nvidia Geforce GT730 2Gb

Power Supply: X1 850W Zalman (I'm replacing it with a new 850W modular power supply soon to fix some cable management issues).

Operating System: Microsoft Windows 11 Home English International 64Bit.

Audio Interface: Scarlett 2i2 2nd Gen USB Audio Interface.

What can I say?, this new studio PC is a beast, Windows 11 is running like a dream on it, boots-up very fast, all my Daw software seems to run really well with the new Ryzen 7 3700X CPU doing all the number crunching, I've got my ASIO Sample-Rate/Buffer set to 48,000/256, latency is 6ms and audio playback in FL Studio 20.9 is crystal-clear, I tried going through all the demo songs and none of them overloaded the CPU, no pops, clicks, funny distortion, just crystal-clear audio playback, some of the songs used quite a few plugins, and had quite a few instrument/sample tracks, I was very impressed with the performance, which was rock-solid.

I did an online benchmark comparison of my old Intel Core i5-2500 3.3Ghz Quad Core CPU with the new Ryzen 7 3700X, the new Ryzen 7 3700X worked out to be roughly twice as powerful as the old i5-2500.

Very happy with my new studio PC build, I'm confident that it is reliable enough for some serious music production work.

Almost forgot to mention that the new Asus motherboard also includes WiFi and Bluetooth connectivity, it has some USB 3.0 ports and a USB-C 3.1 port, as well as an integrated HDMI port.
    Last edited by DrNomis_44; 20-01-2022 at 11:50 PM.