Thread: My new Arturia Keylab Essentials 61 midi keyboard.

My new Arturia Keylab Essentials 61 midi keyboard.

Recently this year I decided it was about time I bought a replacement for my old Akai MPK49 midi keyboard which was behaving in a random and glitchy way, the tuning would go randomly sharp or flat without warning, occasionally the LCD on it would glitch-out and not display properly too, not only that, the knobs and faders wouldn't work properly whenever I tried using FL Studio's Link To Controller function, sometimes it would work intermittently, or not at all.

Here's a pic of my new Arturia Keylab Essentials 61 Midi Keyboard set up on my studio desk:

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	New Midi Keyboard_resized.jpg 
Views:	103 
Size:	273.1 KB 
ID:	44165

Initially, the new midi keyboard would only just trigger notes and that's it, the Daw transport buttons, rotary knobs and faders and etc wouldn't work in FL Studio, after doing some quick googling, it turned-out I had to download some FL Studio midi script files for my midi keyboard and copy them into the device folder in FL Studio, and then go into FL Studio's Midi Settings menu and set-up the midi in and outs for the keyboard, everything now works perfectly the way I want them to, this will be a big game-changer for me.
    Last edited by DrNomis_44; 04-04-2023 at 12:50 PM.

Congrats. Have fun

Cheers
    Drashkum

Nice work, I'm a big fan of having some hardware controls for regular DAW work.

Quote Originally Posted by blinddrew View Post
    Nice work, I'm a big fan of having some hardware controls for regular DAW work.

Yeah, nothing beats being able to control virtual knobs and faders with real ones, it gives less of that "boxed-in" feeling when working with a Daw.