Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: New studio PC build.

Quote Originally Posted by Simon Barden View Post
    Doc has now been playing video games for over 24 hours constantly, and can't move away from the PC for being surrounded by pizza boxes.

So, no change at all.
    Curses.....I've been found-out, note to self....must upgrade my security.....lol.

Quote Originally Posted by JohnH View Post
    Looking forward to hearing how it goes! I just built a new PC too, and it's made a world of difference

My new studio PC is going great, a big improvement over my old one, I don't have to put-up with all the quirks and foibles of the old one anymore, don't know why I persevered with the old one for going-on ten years.

Quote Originally Posted by Simon Barden View Post
    Probably down to money and guitars.

Or maybe it's cause I don't have a "minister for finance" of my own, and I'm still yet to learn how to budget wisely....lol.

Update:

Time for an update,

Recently, Microsoft finally released the latest major update to Windows 11, version 22H2, so I decided to do a complete clean install of it after doing some thorough backing up, I have now got the official release of Windows 11 22H2 up and running on my new studio pc and so far, I have had zero major issues, it's been running great.

Update:

Last year I decided to upgrade the graphics card, since I do indeed enjoy doing some computer gaming when I'm not doing anything music-related, but the main reason why I decided to do a graphics card upgrade was because I bought a new pc game on my Steam account and it wouldn't even launch with the old graphics card, so, what did I end up buying as an upgrade?

I bought a brand new Nvidia Geforce GTX1660Ti 6Gb Gaming Graphics Card, and it works great, I finally got to play the new pc game all the way through, the new game is called Serious Sam 4, Skyrim now runs great on the new studio pc too.

Update:

Just recently bought a new midi controller keyboard to replace my old Akai MPK49 midi controller keyboard due to glitchy behaviour, so, I ended-up settling on a brand-new Arturia Keylab Essentials 61 as a replacement, it works much better than the MPK49 did, no more glitchy behaviour or random tuning issues, for some reason the MPK49 would randomly go a few steps sharp or flat, plus FL Studio's Link To Controller function wouldn't work properly.

Out of the box the Keylab Essentials 61 midi keyboard wouldn't work in FL Studio the way I wanted it to, turns out all I had to do to fix it was download a midi script file for it, and then properly set-up the midi ports in FL Studio's midi settings menu and now the Keylab Essentials 61 works perfectly in FL Studio, the Daw buttons on the midi keyboard do what they're supposed to do, as do all the 9 knobs and faders, so I'm really happy with it, it's going to be a real game-changer for me.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2