Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: First post, first build! ES-1Q Neck fit issues

Agreed. They should do a quick visual inspection and a quick test fit of the body/neck joint for every kit they send out. It wouldn't take long. I ordered some additional parts and options at the same time so they must have opened up the box to put them in. It's a real shame that they didn't check it out before shipping. Now I have to send the entire kit back, order something else (ES-1Q is out of stock) and *hope* the new kit doesn't have same or similar issues.

Maybe they are realising that there received a lot of really bad quality kits from the factory in the last container load and they may be inundated with returns and are struggling to find and send out decent replacements. I'm sure they can return or get credit notes for the faulty kits from the factory, but it still leaves them short of kits they can sell until replacements arrive. Maybe PB will start checking the kits more thoroughly in future.

As McCreed says, email before ordering and insist on a decent check on the kit before it gets sent out.

3. Liked by: PorkyPig

Well.... Top marks to PBG for sending out another neck & body. It arrived today just a week after alerting them to the shocking fit of the original ES-1Q kit. It would seem as though the first kit did not have a matched neck & body (different numbers on each of them). This time the new neck & body DO have the same number marked on them - an encouraging sign! As they didn't have any more ES-1Q's in stock I agreed for them to send me an ES-1F body instead. I asked them to please do a test fit before sending out. They assured me the would. That's the good news. Now for the bad news....

The neck to body fit of the replacement is still crappy. If the first one was like a dick-in-a-shirt-sleeve then this one is like a slightly bigger dick! It's still really loose and I would have no confidence in a good glue joint.

I immediately got on the phone to PBG and told them but they insist that nothing should be wrong because it was inspected before shipping. Here's a link to a video of my test fit so judge for yourself....

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=P6hcbbkbt_0

Am I expecting too much?
    Last edited by PorkyPig; 21-01-2022 at 04:56 PM.

Smile

I just got my short scale bass AGB-30 kit and as the pic shows the neck is about 1/8th of an inch too wide for the neck slot in the guitar body. I am now conferring with a thread mentor and have not yet asked PBG waht to do, but I don't think trying to sand it to fit is a good idea. So you are not the only one with a neck fit issue, my problem is won't fit as opposed to loose fit!Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_1586.jpg 
Views:	79 
Size:	107.4 KB 
ID:	44260
    Last edited by Rockchimp; 11-05-2023 at 06:42 AM. Reason: forgot pic

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2