Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3

Thread: HB-6S........yup, another build.....

So, I found a zero fret for this in the dungeon of the internet. We'll see if it shows up. Lol

Sent from my SM-G970U using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by Gunut75 View Post
    So, I found a zero fret for this in the dungeon of the internet. We'll see if it shows up. Lol
    Is it one of those combined nuts and zero frets like this?

https://goldtonemusicgroup.com/zeroglide/

Just looking at pictures them and the zero fret doesn't seem well supported on the headstock side of the fret. They would look to need a lot of fine tuning to get everything to fit the fret in the same way a real zero fret would fit.

I've seen reports of them not working very well. I think someone on here tried one recently and wasn't impressed and went back to a standard nut.

Also an old thread here: https://www.buildyourownguitar.com.a...ight=zeroglide

So, check this out. I bought one of these nuts for a china tele (non-PB......I know!...). Looking at the fretboard, and it's already slotted for a zero fret! Click image for larger version. 

Name:	20220131_190341.jpg 
Views:	74 
Size:	25.5 KB 
ID:	42498

I don't think that other zero glide is coming in. Sketchy-azz website. Maybe it'll show up in a week or two. Lol. In the mean time, going with the stock nut. Tired of waiting.

So, check this out. I bought one of these nuts for a china tele (non-PB......I know!...). Looking at the fretboard, and it's already slotted for a zero fret! Click image for larger version. 

Name:	20220131_190341.jpg 
Views:	74 
Size:	25.5 KB 
ID:	42498

Maybe this is something some factories are doing. My daughter dot a Jazzmaster neck that is cut exactly that way

Sent from my LE2125 using Tapatalk

I don't think that other zero glide is coming in. Sketchy-azz website. Maybe it'll show up in a week or two. Lol. In the mean time, going with the stock nut. Tired of waiting.
    I like the idea of the zero glide. Did yours arrive in the end? Would like to try this for my own build.

Peter
    Last edited by bassdude; 04-05-2022 at 12:41 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Simon Barden View Post
    Is it one of those combined nuts and zero frets like this?

https://goldtonemusicgroup.com/zeroglide/

Just looking at pictures them and the zero fret doesn't seem well supported on the headstock side of the fret. They would look to need a lot of fine tuning to get everything to fit the fret in the same way a real zero fret would fit.

I've seen reports of them not working very well. I think someone on here tried one recently and wasn't impressed and went back to a standard nut.

Also an old thread here: https://www.buildyourownguitar.com.a...ight=zeroglide
    FWIW, I tried to order one their zeroglides but failed. I even tried shipping to my son in NY, but all I got was an error saying "something went wrong". No account or card issues, but I suspect their authorisation checker rejects non-US payments. I've had that from several US-based sites.

Peter

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3