Thread: Missing neck screws

Missing neck screws

Am I missing the neck screws and plate ?

LP kit SSC-1S

Dont seem to have screws and plate and I supposed to just glue?

https://drive.google.com/file/d/1oyDxtoEK3xW7rNUItzzedB1Vz18TvdfM/view?usp=drivesdk
    Last edited by Rhysb; 06-01-2022 at 11:22 AM.

Hi Rhysb most of the LP kits are a glue in set neck.
    Tony

Hi Rhysb
    that kit is not visible on the pitbull site at the moment.
    Is it the spalted maple kit? Can you please send a picture of the body and neck heel?

If the neck is like the other SSC kits available on the Pitbull site ATM then it is definitely a set neck. But I thought the spalted maple was a screw on neck!!
    PitBull Builds: FVB-4, LP-1SS, FBM-1, AG-2, TB-4, SSCM-1, TLA-1, TL-1TB, STA-1HT, DSCM-1 Truckster, ST-1, STA-1, MBM-1.

Scratch Builds: Pine Explorer, Axe Bass, Mr Scary, Scratchy Tele's.

The little voices in my head keep telling me "build more guitars"

Yes, I can’t see it either though there are similar model numbers showing. But best not to make assumptions based on that so:

If the neck heel is about 20-25 mm deep and has symmetrical straight sides, then it’s a bolt-on neck and there should normally be the 4 screw holes in the neck pocket.

If the neck heel is about 40mm deep and has a cutaway on the treble side, then it’s a glue-on neck.

If it is a bolt-on neck model, then email Pit Bull and ask for the missing screws and neck plate. If a glued neck, then Titebond original (red label) is the recommended wood glue to use. Avoid epoxy or polyurethane (e.g. Gorilla) glues as you may need to take the neck off in future, which will be impossible to do with those glues.

neck photo

thanks everyone definitely missing the screws ?. here is the neck

https://drive.google.com/file/d/1UZw...w?usp=drivesdk

Quote Originally Posted by Trevor Davies View Post
    Hi Rhysb
    that kit is not visible on the pitbull site at the moment.
    Is it the spalted maple kit? Can you please send a picture of the body and neck heel?

If the neck is like the other SSC kits available on the Pitbull site ATM then it is definitely a set neck. But I thought the spalted maple was a screw on neck!!

Hopefully you should get a quick response from Pit Bull. It's only a part-time operation, and it is holiday season, but someone should at least acknowledge your email and hopefully get something in the post to you shortly. That won't be an issue.

I'd double check if anything else seems to be missing. E.g. I can see a bit of solder but I can't see any wire. Or the 3-way switch.

Look at this kit's main picture, which should have everything in your kit apart from the neck plate and screws. https://www.pitbullguitars.com/shop/...-kit-ash-body/

If you've got everything else, it may simply be the factory put in a bag of parts for a set-neck, rather than a bolt-on.