Thread: Tune o matic bridge not lining up?

Tune o matic bridge not lining up?

Hi, this is my first time working with a bridge like this, but when I went to line everything up before I started working I noticed that there was no way for me to fit the tailpiece in because the drilled holes were too close together. Am I missing something here?
    file:///var/mobile/Library/SMS/Attachments/cc/12/D9317AE8-FB31-4796-B9E3-05D16FF51829/IMG_1992.HEIC

Your picture link is to a local file, or something that hasn't loaded properly.

You don't mention what the kit is, but there certainly have been instances of T-O-M holes being drilled too close together (my GSM-1 suffered really badly from this).

If they are just slightly out, you can enlarge the post holes in the bridge, but I'd just go straight back and email Pit Bull with pictures. The kits shouldn't go out like that and you should get a replacement.

Hopefully this picture works, but this is a GS-7Z, so maybe the kit being a seven string has something to do with the holes being this close together? And I did send an email to the company. Thanks.
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_1992.jpg 
Views:	131 
Size:	247.9 KB 
ID:	42219

So the bridge looks OK, but the stop bar looks like the holes have either been drilled for a 6-string stop piece or the person drilling moved the template.

Definitely replacement time.

Ahh that’s what I thought but I was hoping I didn’t have to go there. Thanks for your help.

That's just shocking.
    Making the world a better place; one guitar at a time...

Quote Originally Posted by Johnc13 View Post
    Hopefully this picture works, but this is a GS-7Z, so maybe the kit being a seven string has something to do with the holes being this close together? And I did send an email to the company. Thanks.
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_1992.jpg 
Views:	131 
Size:	247.9 KB 
ID:	42219
    You could try plugging the existing hole with a suitably sized piece of dowel, and then re-drill it after marking-out the new position, that's one possible solution.