Thread: AGM-1 Spacing

AGM-1 Spacing

Hi!
    New here and have ordered the AGM-1 kit. I am still waiting for it to be shipped, but I am planning to upgrade the hardware and pickups and I am eager to have them ordered.

It seems there has been different versions of this kit, at least in name, and searching online there seems to be SG's with different string spacing. At least at the bridge.
    I have asked Adam a couple of times via mail, but I have not heard back from him so I thought I should give it a go asking here.

The TOM bridge I would prefer to use has 52,5mm string spacing and 74mm stud spacing. The stop bar has 82mm spacing. -Does anyone here know if that will work?

The humbukers I want have 52,4mm and 50mm string spacing options. So, if the bridge I mentioned will be ok ,
    -I should go for 52,4mm spacing for the bridge humbucker and probably 50mm for the neck, correct?

Hi and welcome tmsmtz.

Those measurements seem to match up (I only have a mm ruler!) with my AG-2 build. The 74 mm stud spacing was centre to centre. And centre to centre of the outside poles of the pups, with the 50 mm for the neck pup.
    PitBull Builds: FVB-4, LP-1SS, FBM-1, AG-2, TB-4, SSCM-1, TLA-1, TL-1TB, STA-1HT, DSCM-1 Truckster, ST-1, STA-1, MBM-1.

Scratch Builds: Pine Explorer, Axe Bass, Mr Scary, Scratchy Tele's.

The little voices in my head keep telling me "build more guitars"

Hey Trevor,
    -and thanks for your reply, much appreciated. Sorry for my late reply, btw. It seems the AG-2 is a bolt-on design, but lets hope the spacing is the same. Still havent heard back from Adam, no shipping confirmation, no replies. Is this normal?

Quote Originally Posted by tmsmtz View Post
    Hey Trevor,
    -and thanks for your reply, much appreciated. Sorry for my late reply, btw. It seems the AG-2 is a bolt-on design, but lets hope the spacing is the same. Still havent heard back from Adam, no shipping confirmation, no replies. Is this normal?
    I'm not sure what the normal operation times are for Pitbull - but I think they are part-time only. Hopefully you get a reply soon.
    PitBull Builds: FVB-4, LP-1SS, FBM-1, AG-2, TB-4, SSCM-1, TLA-1, TL-1TB, STA-1HT, DSCM-1 Truckster, ST-1, STA-1, MBM-1.

Scratch Builds: Pine Explorer, Axe Bass, Mr Scary, Scratchy Tele's.

The little voices in my head keep telling me "build more guitars"

Yes, probably. Really, theres no rush, just being my normal impatient self. Anyhow, I appreciate your help Trevor.

Hi again, In case anyone else was wondering about this, just thought I should let you know that I have heard back from Adam, and the hardware I wanted to use(see first post) should fit perfectly. Also, the kit has been shipped. So, all good