Thread: DMS4 wiring diagram

DMS4 wiring diagram

so I've done a lot of work on my DMS 4 kit and and am getting to the wiring and I find there is no diagram for this kit. Which diagram is most like this kit? I've looked through a lot of them and am more than confused. Any help as to which diagram I should use would be appreciated.

GK

That's kind of rubbish that there's no suitable diagram for that kit configuration, but anyway... I digress...

Have a look at THIS DIAGRAM

It's for a 6 string guitar but conceptually the same: 2 pickups, 1 Volume, 1 Tone, 3-way switch.

Just ignore that the diagram shows humbuckers and follow where the pickup leads go and the wires that interconnect the pots and switch and you'll be right.

Note: the diagram also shows 500k pots, yours should be 250's
    Making the world a better place; one guitar at a time...

What McCreed said. Pit Bull simply aren’t bothering to keep the wiring diagram list full as they add new models. The pots will probably both have A250 or B250 on them. If there’s an A250 and a B250, use the A250 as the volume pot.

The kit pics suggest it's missing a pot or a switch, as the pick guard shows 3 holes next to each other and a 4th hole near the lower horn. Does that mean the 4th hole is for a kill switch not supplied.? I Suppose you could add a 3rd pot and wire it with a single tone, two volumes like the YB-4.

That’s for the output jack. You’ll notice the rearmost of the three holes (output jack hole) is larger than the other two (pot holes).

Thanks a bunch!

Thank you. This should help.