Thread: How worried should I be?

How worried should I be?

G'day All,

I'm after some advice. My custom bariton kit arrived with a crack in it, with some stains around it that looked like there might of been a gluing attempt at some point. I wasn't too worried about it (thinking a repaired crack could give it some character).

That was until I started prepping the body for staining, I heard some cracking/popping sound and the crack has gotten visibly worse since.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_20211227_121054_01.jpg 
Views:	85 
Size:	40.4 KB 
ID:	42201Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_20211227_121045_01.jpg 
Views:	91 
Size:	40.1 KB 
ID:	42202

As you can see in the pics, the crack is now almost enirely through the body on the edge (Unfortunately I didn't think to take before photos)

Any advice on how I should proceed would be greatly appreciated!

I think the universal response will be: SEND IT BACK.

That's rubbish and never should have left the factory, let alone the warehouse.
    Email PBG with your photos. I doubt they'll disagree that it should not have been sent out like that.

PBG's customer service has always been one of their greatest attributes and I've not ever read of them not making things right by their customers when there was a legitimate issue.
    However, some of the defects that have been posted about recently are ones that could have been non-issues had a pre-ship inspection been carried out. Instead the customer is burdened with having to notify PBG and get it sorted.
    Like the old saying goes: "an ounce of prevention is better than a pound of cure".
    Making the world a better place; one guitar at a time...

Yup. Email direct to Adam and he will rectify.
    FrankenLab
    Hand crafting guitars, because Death Rays are expensive.

Thanks for the advice!