Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: 2 stain colors that meet at a line....

Tamiya! There's RC cars and trucks all over my house!

Sent from my SM-G970U using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by wcoffey81 View Post
    3M's tape is called "Fine Line". Other vendors offer their own versions.
    At least try to purchase from a well known tape company. There are several.
    The main sources for fine line tape (a generic term used by multiple manufacturers , not just 3M) are hobby shops for very fine stuff, and for the others panel beating supplies, auto paint shops and airbrush supplies. Most are flexible plastic, but there is also masking tape types. I'm not entirely sure the tape type realy makes much difference for staining, but they do make a difference with painting. The best trick when painting to stop bleed is to lightly spray a clear base coat first .

Quote Originally Posted by Rabbit View Post
    The best trick when painting to stop bleed is to lightly spray a clear base coat first .
    That is indeed a great trick Rabbit, unless you want the wood taking the stain, and not the stain to sit on the clear coat. Although I can imagine for the darker stains that might not differ all that much.

Sent from my ANE-LX2J using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by RocknRolf View Post
    That is indeed a great trick Rabbit, unless you want the wood taking the stain, and not the stain to sit on the clear coat. Although I can imagine for the darker stains that might not differ all that much.

Sent from my ANE-LX2J using Tapatalk
    Yeh, the trick works with *paint* not stain. If you wanted to simulate stain using clear to stop bleeding, you would have to be shooting candies.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2