Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: Tele Bridges

Quote Originally Posted by Rodc View Post
    Thanks Simon. I did check and ordered this one. It should do the job... https://www.pitbullguitars.com/shop/...e-for-tl-gold/
    Looks like you got the last one! Listing shows "out of stock".

It appears to come with compensated saddles too, so that's a bonus.
    However I find their description a bit confusing by referring to them as "staggered, vintage style saddles". To me, "vintage style" are bog standard barrel saddles.
    Making the world a better place; one guitar at a time...

Quote Originally Posted by McCreed View Post
    Looks like you got the last one! Listing shows "out of stock".

It appears to come with compensated saddles too, so that's a bonus.
    However I find their description a bit confusing by referring to them as "staggered, vintage style saddles". To me, "vintage style" are bog standard barrel saddles.
    Saw that too McCreed, the same with the Ash Tele. It's got me worried, usually I'm the one that goes to click on buy and find it's out of stock.
    Thought the same with the staggered saddles. It only has the flat side machined at different directions on the saddles. I'm up for the challenge though... or up for a 6 saddle. I can hear the difference between the two though online..

Thought the same with the staggered saddles. It only has the flat side machined at different directions on the saddles.
    Yes, that's all the Wilkinson tele compensated saddles are, but that flat spot changes where the string breaks away from the saddle.

There are other brands that accomplish the same thing by angling the intonation screw hole and thus altering the orientation of the string and saddle at an angle rather than perpendicular.

I've only owned the Wilkinson type before and I thought it worked just fine. But ultimately moved to 6 block saddle. FWIW I don't like the design of any of the 6 barrel saddle bridges I've seen.

I will give it a go McCreed, It's not a lot of money if I'm not happy with it.
    I went with these pick ups. The guitar will be mainly used for the young blokes recording. https://www.pitbullguitars.com/shop/...tl-style-kits/ and this for the neck https://www.pitbullguitars.com/shop/...tl-style-kits/

This is the last one I built for him. It's a great sounding guitar and that Chinese Bigsby style tremolo works a treat. That's the one I ended up putting Fender locking tuners on..
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_7499-l.JPG 
Views:	65 
Size:	226.3 KB 
ID:	42184  

I had those pickups in my Squier Classic Vibe 50's Tele. This was back around 2014 when Tonerider were the OEM pickups for all the Classic Vibe models (only for 2 or 3 years IIRC).
    I used to chuckle when I read forum posts by people that would say something like: "I yanked out those crappy stock pickups and put in some Toneriders!"
    Hah!!! They just "yanked out" unbranded Toneriders and put branded Toneriders back in!!! Some people are just ridiculous.

BTW, the Vintage Plus pickups are great. Do a thorough shielding job and you should be really happy. (Sorry, I've got shielding on the brain from other posts I just replied to! )

Lol.!! They really make you wonder!
    Funny you should mention that, I did see guys talking about the Classic Vibe guitars coming out with Toneriders.

Thanks for the tip re: shielding. This is the only kit I think I bought with out it. I get into more trouble using it then what it was worth. I have some kicking about here somewhere. I'll make a neater job of the shielding this time and see if I can leave this lot in..

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2