Thread: Rit Dyes

Rit Dyes

Hi guys,
    Long time lurker, first time poster. Have my first kit on the way from Christmas, just wondering if anyone has had experiences with Rit dyes? I can find them locally, but if they’re not worth the effort I’ll hunt down some Angelus on line.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Welcome rnewham. I haven't use them, but there are definitely members here that have. Hopefully some of them will chime in.
    However I have used the Angelus Leather Dyes, if you end up going that route.

Cheers,
    Mick
    Making the world a better place; one guitar at a time...

phrozin has posted about testing and using Rit dyes (lots of other posts in that thread), with great results for some colours.
    Scott.

I have no experience with Rit dyes, although I've seen them mentioned in the forum. I just bought ColorTone Liquid Stain from StewMac, which you dilute with water or alcohol. "...formulated specifically for luthiers." Definitely not the tight-budget route, though, as nothing from StewMac comes cheap. But a possible option. Good luck.

Havn't used them as a stain on timber, but I did stain a bone nut with black liquid RIT.