Thread: Hi from South Australia

Hi from South Australia

Hi everyone,

I received my TLA-1 today, and I have to admit I was a complete kid on Christmas day about it. I've got a 3 month sabbatical coming up so I figured this was a good time to dive into a new hobby. I've been playing for about twenty years off and on and play marginally better than my 6 year old daughter who have been playing for six months.

I am super excited and nervous at the same time to get this build started, and I have promised my wife I will complete this kit before ordering another one (I already have my eye on an S type kit).

Thanks for having me on the forum, I'll be starting my build diary as I've seen suggested a few times before. Hopefully doing that will focus my thought process because right now I'm all over the shop thinking about finishes, whether I should leave the strings as through bridge or take the time to drill some holes so I can string through the body, and what toys (I mean tools) I should buy first.

Looking forward to seeing if I can put this thing together and end up with a playable instrument.

Welcome Supanove.

Looking forward to seeing if I can put this thing together and end up with a playable instrument.
    There's a pretty strong "brains trust" here. Between all of us, we should be able to get you across the line!

I'm presuming you're thinking about a transparent finish with the body being ash, yes?
    The guitar in my avatar is a TLA-1 also.
    Making the world a better place; one guitar at a time...

Hi and Welcome Supanove,

The TLA-1 is a nice kit. Good luck with the build.
    PitBull Builds: FVB-4, LP-1SS, FBM-1, AG-2, TB-4, SSCM-1, TLA-1, TL-1TB, STA-1HT, DSCM-1 Truckster, ST-1, STA-1, MBM-1.

Scratch Builds: Pine Explorer, Axe Bass, Mr Scary, Scratchy Tele's.

The little voices in my head keep telling me "build more guitars"

Quote Originally Posted by McCreed View Post
    There's a pretty strong "brains trust" here.
    Speak for yourself mate

Just kidding.

Welcome to the enablers.

Sent from my Pixel 4 using Tapatalk