Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Dsc-1

Dsc-1

Oops. Ordered 2 kits today. Mostly for the summer holiday break.

I don't know if I will update every step of the way (I kind of faded into obscurity with my ES-1GT) but putting this up here in case I find the enthusiasm for posting the process. No doubt I will need some help from the veterans!

Sharing is caring, looking forward seeing what you come up with! Any upgrades planned?

Cheers

I am thinking the pickups rings (I hate that standard colour!) and perhaps any of the other plastic (knobs, covers and pickguard). Not sure on the colour yet but I am leaning towards a white body.

I'll consider some new pickups too as I'm thinking of making this my 'main' guitar.. not that I'm playing in a band currently but for rocking out in the spare room anyway.

I am considering going for some Seymour Duncan Phat Cats for this one. Anyone have experience with these in the past? Any little secrets I should consider being going down this path?

I don't, but I'll certainly be interested in your experience if you do go with those SDs. My next project is a tele with humbucker routes, so I'm thinking something like the Phat Cats might be the go. Prolly not the SDs one - they're a bit exy ;-)

Quote Originally Posted by jonwhitear View Post
    I don't, but I'll certainly be interested in your experience if you do go with those SDs. My next project is a tele with humbucker routes, so I'm thinking something like the Phat Cats might be the go. Prolly not the SDs one - they're a bit exy ;-)
    A set of Tonerider Rebel 90's would cost less than half the price of the SD's. I haven't played the Rebel 90's, but I've been pretty impressed with their other offerings so far.
    Making the world a better place; one guitar at a time...

Quote Originally Posted by McCreed View Post
    A set of Tonerider Rebel 90's would cost less than half the price of the SD's. I haven't played the Rebel 90's, but I've been pretty impressed with their other offerings so far.
    Interesting. I'm going to do some reading!

Here's a demo from the Tonerider website:

https://tonerider.com/product/rebel-90/?v=6cc98ba2045f

Go to link > scroll to videos
    Making the world a better place; one guitar at a time...

9. Liked by: glenwilliam

Quote Originally Posted by McCreed View Post
    Yes, I've been thinking about those. On guitar like Glen's DSC-1, do you think it'll look odd with nickel pickup covers and chrome stop bar and bridge?

In the past I've bought Tonerider humbuckers without covers, and separate after- after-market chrome covers, but that's not se easy for these pickups.

Looking at the neck fit this morning while I was doing a little sanding.. not perfect. I am happy with the top but the bottom needs some work.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast