Thread: Searching by Kit

Searching by Kit

Hi mods (and all),

I'm considering another PB kit. So before asking a ton of questions that have already been asked, I tried to search the forum by kit number, e.g. IB-1F. But that yields no results. Same thing happens for DTL-1 and others....

I'm probably missing something? But I would think this would something a lot of ppl do?

Thanks!

It's the crap stock forum search engine.

To really look Use a standard search engine and use the 'site:' feature

e.g. search for "site:buildyourownguitar.com.au IB-1F"

Thanks Simon - figured as much. I just thought it would have a been "improved" by now. It could be a nice sales tool for PB?

It’s an off-the shelf forum package and the minimum search word length is 4 characters. But dashes aren't seen as valid characters, so TLA-1 becomes TLA and 1, so nothing is found.

The easiest way around it is for Pit Bull to rename the kits with longer titles or getting rid of hyphens and making sure they are at least 4 characters long e.g. TLA-1 becoming PBTLA-1 or TLA1.

I find it easiest to just look at the menus
    Guitar or Bass
    Solid or Hollow Body

It's not difficult to find once you decide what type of guitar you actually want.

Is it a Strat, Ibby, Ric or Gibby style or maybe an ES, we know what they look like.

Maybe it's my old fart way of thinking and not relying on the search engine of your choice for answers

I did things the hard way with The Hoff, I went through the titles of every build diary post.

Quote Originally Posted by dave.king1 View Post
    I find it easiest to just look at the menus
    Guitar or Bass
    Solid or Hollow Body

It's not difficult to find once you decide what type of guitar you actually want.

Is it a Strat, Ibby, Ric or Gibby style or maybe an ES, we know what they look like.

Maybe it's my old fart way of thinking and not relying on the search engine of your choice for answers
    Fine for choosing a kit, but I think Groovyman32 was talking (well writing) about looking for previous build diaries for his selected kit (or shortlist of kits) to see end results and read about issues with them.

You can look at the Photo Galleries section, but it's not kept well populated.

Thanks, yes I was talking about searching the forum not the PB site.

I did a scout around and the hyphen issue is well known amongst vbullentin admins. There was some suggestion that it had been fixed in a later revision. There’s not even a way to escape the hyphen it seems.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Ah, I did read the post but misunderstood the intent, got it now