Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: December GOTM!

Apologies all - just realised I hadn't posted these results...

1: Wneil's DSC-1S -
    A wax and oil beauty. All of the grain and spalt is showing nicely, and the 'hog back has come up well too. Never been a fan of the cream/light control covers on this kit, but I don't mind them on this. Very nice headstock and TRC, would have loved to see a logo on it.
    Beautiful top and the finish’s shows it off well, love the way the fretboard pops against the colour, Headstock also very well done, just needs a logo.
    Elegant and simple – classic even down to the truss rod cover. Love how the natural beauty of the timber has been accentuated and left to talk for itself. Great work.
    2: Trevor Davies' DSCM-1 -
    A great deep blue, with enough shine to give a real look of depth to it. I really like the finish. Nicely worked headstock with TRC and logo. I think I would have preferred black cavity covers, but the light platics look great on the top.
    Very eye catching blue trans colour suite the white so well, I would check this out in a shop for sure, finish is done well, logo and headstock look great, just an awesome looking guitar.
    Classic blue and cream throughout gives this a classy tone and look. Awesome and I can see it would be a clear target for many in a store. Awesome work.
    3: John Bamb's JR-1DC -
    A good approximation, given the kit you're working from. Finish looks nice with the touch of relic, and I'm sure will only get better with time and heavy use. Great work matching the stickers.
    Huge amount of attention to detail, looks like it will a great player, love the dog eared p90, a one off guitar that grabs attention.
    Nicely done – agree that relics aren’t for everyone, but it has been nicely done. I’m sure your mate would be happy with the outcome.
    4: Colin2121's JMA-1 -
    Beautiful natural JM. Love the body, love the neck, love the headstock... don't love the fret stickers, but each to their own. The tail plate solution looks great, and even better that you like the sound. Fantastic result from a rejected custom order.
    Love the upgrades chosen in this build, great choice of pickup combo, the fretboard looks nice and goes well thigh the highly figured body, all round good looking guitar.
    Another classy clean guitar. Like the idea behind the fret stickers with the shape, but the white outlines don’t do it for me. Other than that though great guitar!
    5: John Whitear's SSCM-1E -
    Black is tough, and good black is even tougher. This is good black. Great finish, nice upgrades, excellent overall look. Beautiful.
    I like this a lot, simple yet beautiful, the perfectly finished colour goes so well with the hardware and fretboard, would be the first guitar I would pickup in a shop, just simply stunning!
    Stunning glossy black with some nice tweaks! Not sure what is going on with the logo, but it looks like the photos aren’t doing it justice. Great work!

And the runner up - very close between three guitars, but the second best guitar of the month goes to Trevor Davies' DSCM-1 -

And the winner - need I say - classy and black...

John Whitear's SSCM-1E - well done John!

3. Liked by: PJSprog

Congrats all! Some great builds this month
    #001 (LP-1S) [finished - co-runner up Nov 2018 GOTM]
    #002 (WL-1)
    #003 (MPL Megacaster - semi scratch build) [finished]
    #004 (ST-1 JR - Arachnoid Superhero build) [finished]
    #005 (LP jr)
    #006 (TL-1A)

Junk shop acoustic refurbs (various)
    'The TGS Special'

Congratulations John Whitear - that black SSCM-1E looks amazing.
    PitBull Builds: FVB-4, LP-1SS, FBM-1, AG-2, TB-4, SSCM-1, TLA-1, TL-1TB, STA-1HT, DSCM-1 Truckster, ST-1, STA-1, MBM-1.

Scratch Builds: Pine Explorer, Axe Bass, Mr Scary, Scratchy Tele's.

The little voices in my head keep telling me "build more guitars"

Lovely work everyone, congratulations to the winners.

Quote Originally Posted by Trevor Davies View Post
    Congratulations John Whitear - that black SSCM-1E looks amazing.

Thank you Trevor, and congrats to you as well. I had completely missed these results being posted, and only realized this morning when I got a PM from Adam about judging the next month!

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2