Thread: Hello from Brisbane! Building my first bass (JB-4M)

Hello from Brisbane! Building my first bass (JB-4M)

Hello everyone. I have just moved to Australia from the UK and I’m currently locked in quarantine. I have decided to use all the time I have to start building a bass guitar and I very excited! This will be my first DIY guitar kit.

I have got most of the tools with me that I need, except the most important one - a drill - I should be able to begin making the bass guitar and do things like levelling the frets, sanding and I can mark out where to drill all the holes for the bridge and other components. Anything I cant do now I will wait until after I get out of quarantine where I can get the rest of the tools.

The kit has just arrived today and I’m looking forward to starting it!

2. Liked by: Luke3

Welcome to the UK.
    Building a bass is certainly better than spending endless hours of daytime TV!

4. Liked by: Luke3

Hi and welcome.

I had an Alfa in the mid-80s, a mere 1.5 Alfasud Mk 3 but still an Alfa.

Start a build diary and don't be afraid to ask questions.

6. Liked by: Luke3

Thank you!

Sadly the picture if from the Goodwood festival of speed and isn’t mine. But my dad has had lots of alfas and we both love them!

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Notthatold first build expecting delivery soon, central coast NSW. Trying to navigate this site. What’s the build diary I keep reading about?

Hi Notthatold, welcome to the forum. There's a "My Build Diary" section of the forum - just start a new thread there, and you can post any questions you have during your build, and updates on how your build's going, in that thread.

Thanks Jonwhitear. Once I get use to the site I’ll be okay