Page 18 of 18 FirstFirst ... 8 16 17 18

Thread: First Build - PSH-1 Hollowbody

Congratulations @mrpearson. I hope you enjoy playing your new guitar.
    I see you have the Spark amp, I have one too and I love it.
    ---------------------------
    First build: TLA-1F
    Second Build: PSH-1

2. Liked by: mrpearson

Quote Originally Posted by Trevor Davies View Post
    Looks great MrPearson. Well done.
    Thanks Trevor. Your GOTM looks great as well.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by Bakersdozen View Post
    Depending on which set you get, if they come with the cheap Allen key screws, replace them with some Phillips head screws of the same thread. Just go to a bolt shop and you'll be sweet. Or let me know and I may have some lying about from my past endeavours
    Hi Bakersdozen, I bought the Kaish locking studs that have the black allen key screws. Do you know what the thread size is? Will take your advice about replacing them.

Quote Originally Posted by dbeltrami View Post
    Hi Bakersdozen, I bought the Kaish locking studs that have the black allen key screws. Do you know what the thread size is? Will take your advice about replacing them.
    Hi there! I can't remember the exact thread size, I have tipped them out into my nuts and bolts storage container without the box, sorry. I just took one down to the hardware shop and sized them up accordingly .

Quote Originally Posted by Bakersdozen View Post
    Hi there! I can't remember the exact thread size, I have tipped them out into my nuts and bolts storage container without the box, sorry. I just took one down to the hardware shop and sized them up accordingly .
    I ended up binning the locking studs. They didn’t fit the musiclily or kit bridge at all. Also the musiclily bridge vibrated way too much but it had good intonation adjustment range. I ended up with a gotoh bridge which has a locking post system built in. No rattles and much better sustain. How ever the intonation range adjust is very limited and I neatly had a dud guitar. Luckily reversing the saddles did the trick.

Thanks. I saw your previous post about the studs not fitting. Did you purchase the metric version?
    My set are ok. I haven’t tried them with the kit bridge but they are fine with my Wilkinson replacement. You just need to line up the slot correctly otherwise they won’t close down properly when you tighten the screw.

Yep purchased the metric version and lined the slots up. Still didn’t fit. It was a blessing in disguise as it forced me to upgrade my bridge which is much better from a tone perspective.

I am loving the tone out of the Tonerider ac2 pickups. I noticed you bought the same pickups. The coil split tone is really nice with the hollowbody. Sound better than my real prs solid body.

Quote Originally Posted by mrpearson View Post
    Yep purchased the metric version and lined the slots up. Still didn’t fit. It was a blessing in disguise as it forced me to upgrade my bridge which is much better from a tone perspective.
    Here's a photo of mine. It's a little fidgety to set up but fits nicely.
    So far the black allen key screws seem to be ok. But I will look to replace as the black colour doesn't quite suit.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	PXL_20220307_044828265.jpg 
Views:	66 
Size:	90.9 KB 
ID:	42684

Quote Originally Posted by mrpearson View Post
    I am loving the tone out of the Tonerider ac2 pickups. I noticed you bought the same pickups. The coil split tone is really nice with the hollowbody. Sound better than my real prs solid body.
    Nice to hear. Yes, I have the AC2s. I will coil split also (using a push/pull for the tone knob).

Here's how the pickup and machine head looks in my two tone scheme:

Name:	PXL_20220307_045148643.jpg 
Views:	71 
Size:	70.3 KB 
ID:	42685

Quote Originally Posted by dbeltrami View Post
    Here's a photo of mine. It's a little fidgety to set up but fits nicely.
    So far the black allen key screws seem to be ok. But I will look to replace as the black colour doesn't quite suit.

Name:	PXL_20220307_044828265.jpg 
Views:	66 
Size:	90.9 KB 
ID:	42684

Nice to hear. Yes, I have the AC2s. I will coil split also (using a push/pull for the tone knob).

Here's how the pickup and machine head looks in my two tone scheme:

Name:	PXL_20220307_045148643.jpg 
Views:	71 
Size:	70.3 KB 
ID:	42685
    Very nice ! Glad your posts fit.
    Like the gold accents in the hardware.

Page 18 of 18 FirstFirst ... 8 16 17 18