Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 4 5 6

Thread: Build #3, MKA

Thanks, Simon. You suggested the only solution left untested. But. At House of Guitars, he re-wired the whole thing. He put in a new single coil right out of the box. He wired in a new 3-way switch. And these steps one at a time, of course. The single coil gives kind of a dull, muted sound, sounded to him like it was out of phase. Problem is, there is nothing for it to be out of phase with. It's just there by itself with only a hot lead and ground. So I brought my one-pickup guitar home last week. The neck pickup works just fine, so I guess that is what we will go with. Thanks to all for your help and encouragement on this project. Photos will follow.

Very weird. If you hadn’t changed the pickup I’d have suggested that maybe the pole pieces (or bar magnet depending on the construction) weren’t properly magnetised.

I got nothin'...

Other than sorry to hear of the difficulty. It's a headscratcher for sure!
    Making the world a better place; one guitar at a time...

Photos as promised. Only you and I will know that it's not fully functional, and it doesn't sound too bad with the neck PUP alone.
    thanks again for a lot of help and advice. My family is pretty impressed with the looks of this one. Pretty much stock PBG with D'Addario locking tuners.Click image for larger version. 

Name:	MKAfrront.jpg 
Views:	74 
Size:	132.0 KB 
ID:	43233Click image for larger version. 

Name:	MKAback-2.jpg 
Views:	78 
Size:	171.1 KB 
ID:	43234 So I am signing off until fall and project #4. If you want to see what we will be doing next week, check our www.nationalponyexpress.org. The mail gets to us in Utah next Sunday morning. Click image for larger version. 

Name:	MkAfull.jpg 
Views:	70 
Size:	113.1 KB 
ID:	43232

A worthwhile cause. Hope you have a great time.

I wish I could work on your guitar. It must be a solvable problem, unless you have a localised space/time wormhole which one end of the pickup is connected to.

Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 4 5 6