So, I've ordered the DPZ-4 "Zebra Wood" P Bass style kit (currently back ordered) - yet another for my JurassicAxe collection.
https://www.pitbullguitars.com/shop/...bra-wood-copy/
The plan at this stage:
Rosewood fretboard
Black hardware, so it should come with a black pick guard. Would have preferred it didn't have such Fenderisms but it is what it is.

Upgrades: Immediately - none. I'll probably replace the kit pickups before it's finished and the tuners will get replaced. I'll stick with passive. Not sure if the Toneriders are good all rounders or if I should spend the money on something like some SD quarter pounders or the like. Just not this week. I just replaced the second fridge that keeps my drinks cool and hides the delivery from the butcher when I'm planning on firing up the smoker, but I digress. The nut will become tusq. I really can't take to the colour of bone nuts.

Colour: I'm planning on trying some Colortone on it. I've got enough Green and Red Mahogany coming to do the job. The only big question is which one? Until I see what this "zebra wood" looks like up close I don't entirely know which way I'll go. The green might be interesting. It's something that I'd been planning on trying with either a spalted maple or quilted top, but this "zebra wood" looks different. It might also just look ludicrous, so the red is my backup. Happy to hear some opinions on this one.
Plan is to finish this one with some Tru-oil. I haven't enjoyed too much dealing with clear coat on the Jurassicaster build, but working with Truoil on the Thunderaptor was pretty good.

Art: I've been prone to jamming a JurassicAxe logo somewhere on everything I've built and the guitar name on the headstock. This'll be no different. Headstock will probably be left plain maple and will somehow have "Sinosauropteryx" printed on a waterslide decal and the the JurassicAxe logo in the ball at the end of the headstock (going with a traditional Fender shape). As to whether I coat the headstock itself in TO or Poly remains to be seen. I know I can bury the decal a lot faster with the Poly, but there is the extra effort involved in getting that looking good.
I'll make a decision about where and if i put the logo on the body once the colour is on and I can tell if it'll even be remotely visible. That'll depend a lot on how the colour interacts with the colour used to darken the wood.