Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: #2 SSCM-Q Left

I've measured the DCR of the humbuckers that came with some of the kits, and they've all been too far on the high side for me. I've just tested one kit bridge humbucker and it read 11.3k As I generally play cleanly or with mild overdrive these days, I prefer my humbuckers in the more traditional PAF mould, so mid 8s for the bridge, mid 7s for the neck.

Obviously if you almost always play in the overdrive to distortion area, then the extra output can be a welcome addition, but I've never liked powerful pickups for playing clean guitar.

Thanks for that Simon, that is good to know.
    That is also a bit too hot for my taste, so have decided on the AC2's.
    They seem to nail that warm creamy sound that makes me want to play some more.

Even if the kitbuckers would do, I already needed to order a Tele set for my tl-upgrades direct from Tonerider (since pitbull doesn't stock them) I will add the AC2's to that order as well. FYI Pitbull's prices are the same, and lowest here in Aus.

Regarding the bridge and tailpiece, I liked Simon's suggestion of nickel as it should age better.
    I do like to source the bridge and tail-piece from the same supplier, as my Tele's bridge is less gold than the control plate and I'd like to prevent that. I haven't found anything more affordable than this set of ( Gotoh GE101Z/ 103B-T Tune-o-matic ) at 77$., whilst a chrome set would go for a third of that...
    <Link to bridge/Tail piece>

Now if I do decide on nickel... I would also need to change the tuners... and the tally keeps going up .

The tele tonerider pickups are really superb. I have both the hot ones and classic ones, both are great, I think I prefer the classics, but that might just be the guitar they are in.
    Consider doing the push pull series mod, it is lots of fun and really brings a new dimension to the guitar.

Quote Originally Posted by Andyxlh View Post
    The tele tonerider pickups are really superb. I have both the hot ones and classic ones, both are great, I think I prefer the classics, but that might just be the guitar they are in.
    Consider doing the push pull series mod, it is lots of fun and really brings a new dimension to the guitar.
    Yes thanks, going for the classics... again, a similar choice to the AC2/4.
    And definitely going for the push-pull mod, you sold me on that one in my TL-upgrades thread!

5. Liked by: Andyxlh

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2