Thread: Hi from Wollongong

Hi from Wollongong

Hey guys just received my first kit pumped to start !! Any idea on how to post pics as well with threads ??

Hi and welcome.

For the site to host your pics, they need to be less than 1500 pixels on the longest side, and less than 1Mb in file size so you'll almost certainly need to resize any camera pics.

The standard Windows photoviewer has this as a right-click option (you'll need to go to the custom option to pick the size). There are free resizing apps for phones as well. If you use the Tapatalk app to access the forum on the phone, I'm told that has a resizing feature built in.

From the toolbar on the post entry window, pick the 'insert image' icon. You can either upload from your computer/phone/laptop. or you can reference a web image (if it's small enough). Browse to find it, then click on the 'upload image' text to load it. If it's too big, sometimes you'll get a message, sometimes nothing happens.

Or you can host elsewhere on a photo site like Imgur, and link the photo to here. More details on this method here. https://www.buildyourownguitar.com.a...ead.php?t=8108. Just make sure you are refencing the picture itself, rather than the page they are displayed on. The pasted link should end with .jpg or .png

I tend to use that method for my main build pics, when I display them at 800 pixels wide. Site-hosted pics display smaller until you click on them.

There is also a limit of five site-hosted pics per post, so more than than and you have to spread them out over two or more posts. But there's no limit to how many remote pics you can link to (apart from the post has to fall within the site's maximum single post character count of several thousand characters).

Awesome stuff thank you Simon!!!

Welcome, I'm just up the road in Woonona and I'm not the only one close by

Hey Dave ! Yeah I'm in Brooks reach Horsley !! Quite a few from the area ay ?? That's awesome

6. Liked by: dave.king1

Don't know about quite a few but there are now at least four and another in Nowra that I know of but haven't met

Just joined - in Farmborough Hts!

Welcome to the forum!
    #001 (LP-1S) [finished - co-runner up Nov 2018 GOTM]
    #002 (WL-1)
    #003 (MPL Megacaster - semi scratch build) [finished]
    #004 (ST-1 JR - Arachnoid Superhero build) [finished]
    #005 (LP jr)
    #006 (TL-1A)

Junk shop acoustic refurbs (various)
    'The TGS Special'

Another option is to download the TapTalk app and use this to access the forum and upload images straight from your phone. If you use Medium sized pictures (an option on uploading) it works a treat.