Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5 6 LastLast

Thread: Build number……. Well, a lot. TLB Tele bass

That seems obvious in retrospect.

Wow thanks all for the input! There’s loads to think about here.
    The body has a rout for the Tele control plate and pickup. If I go a shorter control plate I’ll need to fill the body so a transparent finish is off, but as it is basswood I’m not keen on that anyway.
    I’m leaning towards no switch as I’m pretty certain I wouldn’t use it live, as even though we do lots of covers I tend to find a bass tone I like and not mess with it, one less thing to worry about! But I do think I might use the tone control and will include a treble bleed on the volume pot. I invested in 2 decent bournes pots with the kit.
    Still not 100% on the switch though… 😁

Fit the switch and don’t connect it at all?

Or stick some LEDs and a battery behind the slot and have it glow when you plug a lead in?

you could use the switch for a whole bunch of reasons..

for playability, you could try using it as a tone bypass or volume bypass. for a volume bypass, you'd set yourself up at say 70% on the volume, and when you want to stand out in the mix a bit, flick the switch. when you are done, flick it back and you know you are back where you started. A bit like a clean boost, but at your fingertips and not your toes.

same sort of deal with a tone bypass, if you use the tone knob at all. It would be a way to get you to "bright" on demand, and then return to your happy place consistently.

If you are feeling adventurous, you could run an addressable led strip light along the neck and use the switch to select colours.. that is pretty "look at me" though and may not suit your vision.

of course you could also embed your favourite effect pedal circuit in the back of the guitar and use the switch to control it. saves carrying around the extra leads and hardware and cleans up the stage floor. Shouldn't be too hard to rout a cavity and fit it in. I cant see it adding any extra weight either.

More ideas, all awesome, my head will explode 😁
    About the ‘look at me’ bit, what did DLR say: “if all the world’s a stage, I just want better lighting”

Quote Originally Posted by andybanks View Post
    that is pretty "look at me" though and may not suit your vision.
    Have you seen his bike?

7. Liked by: Andyxlh

Point taken...

thinking outside the box a bit, you could just make it a bluetooth (or any rf signal) switch, then you can control anything on the stage with you.. even the clothes you are wearing.. I'm thinking "men in black" now..

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	hqdefault.jpg 
Views:	66 
Size:	16.5 KB 
ID:	41947

Quote Originally Posted by andybanks View Post
    Point taken...

thinking outside the box a bit, you could just make it a bluetooth (or any rf signal) switch, then you can control anything on the stage with you.. even the clothes you are wearing.. I'm thinking "men in black" now..

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	hqdefault.jpg 
Size:	16.5 KB 
ID:	41947
    Now we’re getting there!

Quote Originally Posted by m0j0 View Post
    Have you seen his bike?
    Hey, you haven’t seen the more ‘exuberant’ one I built a few years ago 😂

:-) excellent... you'll be needing one of these methinks...

https://core-electronics.com.au/lily...<br /> <br />Click image for larger version. 

Name:	dev-13342.jpg 
Size:	72.7 KB 
ID:	41948

(can you tell my wife is a dressmaker and has sent me looking into this sort of thing before?) - just another job on the list of things to do. - although i am kinda keen to make a "back to the future" auto jacket...

Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5 6 LastLast