Thread: Fretless necks without side dots

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Fretless necks without side dots

Hi PBG,
    I am wondering if it would be possible to have fretless necks without side dots?

The fretless necks at the moment have dots in the fretted position (in the middle of the fret), where in fact for playability and correct reference the dots need to be in the fretless position (right where the fret is supposed to be).

It's relatively easy and fun to add side dots, but removing the existing ones adds a lot of unnecessary work.

I'd imagine that a fretless neck after all is just a normal fretted neck that is taken out of the production line before adding the metal frets.
    It would be great if the fretless neck would be plain, without dots. It will look much neater for us builders and it's effectively less work and material for the factory/company making the kits.

Let me know your thoughts!!!

Fausto

bumping this up.... any additional thoughts on this from the Pit Bull Guitars team?

They really don't come here any more.

Unfortunately you've got to get Pit Bull to convince a Chinese factory that is making them for many people, not just Pit Bull.

One of the many things that could/needs to be improved with the kits but just doesn't happen.