Page 1 of 8 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Thread: Build - TL-1

Build - TL-1

Hi All,

First time builder here,

Just received my kit today, and had a quick unpack to review what’s in the box. Will be putting a simple plan together on the steps I will take. So far only one picture taken, there was a rip on the outside of the box but luckily no damage on the body or neck, all good. Will do a mock build next to check that the kit is complete.

Thanks

Welcome to the forum. Looking forward to seeing your progress. Don't be afraid to ask questions, can't be any dumber than mine.

Welcome vivek.
    My heart would sink if I found that package on my doorstep. Glad to hear the damage was limited to the box!

TL kits are always a good first kit. The one in my avatar was my first PBG build. Enjoy the journey!
    Making the world a better place; one guitar at a time...

Hey Guys,

Thanks for the welcome,

I got my first question, I had ordered an upgrade to the Grover 406c tuners and received these, they don’t look like the ones on the website…so wanted to check if anyone could confirm these are grovers or the normal ones that come in the kit?

The Grovers should come in a separate bag that is clearly labeled so that you know what they are. Here's the Grover bag from my latest kit as an example.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	PXL_20210911_061941221.jpg 
Views:	175 
Size:	307.9 KB 
ID:	41554

You still get the kit tuners which is what that looks like in your pic.

I love the Tele kit. I have 3 different ones, what a great guitar. Hope you have fun with it.

Hey m0j0

Thanks for checking for me, I definitely didn’t get a separate set of Grover tuners in the kit, rechecked the box and it’s not there, I’ll drop Pitbull a mail and ask, thanks again for the help

Here’s a mock-up, the neck and body fits well, snug fit. Seem to have all the main parts except the upgraded Grover tuners. I’ll start the sanding process on the body.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Hi Guys

Next question, on the back I can see a hairline crack, is this something I should worry about and get back to Pitbull on?

Page 1 of 8 1 2 3 ... LastLast