Thread: Hello....

Hello....

So thought I’d say hello. Mid fifties Pom, now Aussie citizen living Northern Beaches in Sydney. Been here about ten years. Took up guitar about three years ago, shit but enthusiastic! I have currently have an Ibanez RG, an Edwards Les Paul and a maton em325. I had planned on building a 5e3 kit but the import costs are ridiculous so my attention has turned to possibly building my own guitar instead. Not committed yet but have joined to try anD learn whether it’s the right thing for me or not. The sign in name stems back to my motorcycle racing days when I was an instructor and my mates nicknamed me Yoda. Engineer by training so I like to get into the detail.
    Cheers

Hi and welcome!

There have been a few amp builds documented on here.

Here's a 5E3 that's been recently finished. https://www.buildyourownguitar.com.a...ad.php?t=11052

There are some Australian amp kit/part suppliers out there. e.g. https://headfirstamplification.com/

Welcome.
    Given the current lockdown status in NSW, you should have plenty of time on your hands to build a guitar (I guess that's an upside).

If I was a Star Wars geek (which I'm not) I think your screen name should have been "wiseisyoda".
    Making the world a better place; one guitar at a time...

Hi and welcome Yoda.
    It would be great to build at least one guitar as it gives a great insight into how they work. Though most people don't stop at one! It may also give you more confidence and skills to adjust and care for your other guitars.
    PitBull Builds: FVB-4, LP-1SS, FBM-1, AG-2, TB-4, SSCM-1, TLA-1, TL-1TB, STA-1HT, DSCM-1 Truckster, ST-1, STA-1, MBM-1.

Scratch Builds: Pine Explorer, Axe Bass, Mr Scary, Scratchy Tele's.

The little voices in my head keep telling me "build more guitars"