Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 4 5 6

Thread: Sydney lockdown - JB Bass My 1st build!

Looks great. Those colours go well together.

How does it play?
    PitBull Builds: FVB-4, LP-1SS, FBM-1, AG-2, TB-4, SSCM-1, TLA-1, TL-1TB, STA-1HT, DSCM-1 Truckster, ST-1, STA-1, MBM-1.

Scratch Builds: Pine Explorer, Axe Bass, Mr Scary, Scratchy Tele's.

The little voices in my head keep telling me "build more guitars"

Quote Originally Posted by Trevor Davies View Post
    Looks great. Those colours go well together.

How does it play?
    It plays surprisingly well! Although there does seem to be a tiny bit of noise coming through when I turn the pickup and tone knobs all the way up. Not a major issue as I don稚 hear it when I知 playing but I imagine the guys on the sound desk are probably cringing haha. I did put copper shielding on so not sure what I can really do to improve it. Maybe buy better pickups than the ones supplied.

Apart from that it has a lovely earthy tone, a bit different to what I知 used to on my old Yamaha bass which was a bit more bright.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Looks good.

Unfortunately you'll need to do a small bit of modifying and refinishing if you want to replace the stock kit pickups as the four fixing screw 'bumps' are slightly displaced compared to the original (and other replacement) pickups. Nothing a few seconds work with a drum sander on a Dremel won't do, but obviously it needs care to just remove the right amount from the pickguard and body.

They are single coils, so you must expect some noise, even with shielding. The noise level will depend on the electrical noise in the area you are playing, so it will vary. If one of the pickups is RWRP with respect to the other, then the 'both pickups fully up' combination should be near-silent.

Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 4 5 6