Thread: Sitting here waiting...

Sitting here waiting...

I'm sitting here waiting for the combined efforts of Australia Post, Quantas, Australian customs, UK customs, Parcel Force, plus no doubt a few other organisations to transport the SH1 kit I've ordered between Perth (Australia) and Tamworth (UK).
    Once it arrives I will start a build blog thread.
    Waiting.....

Hi and welcome. My last kit arrived within 5 days from being dispatched by Pit Bull and unlike previous kits, I didn't have to pay any UK VAT, duty or associated handing charge. Hopefully yours will be similar.

Thanks Simon, I think mine will take a bit more than your 5 days as there are weekends and bank holidays in the way.

Two weeks was the typical time period, but they've changed the courier and it seems to be generally quicker now.

A quick update - the kit has left customs and is now in the gentle care of Parcel Force. Doubt it will arrive today, but should be good for Monday (I hope)

All depends if it incurs VAT and duty. If is does, you'll first get a card saying there's money to pay. You can do that on line and it's normally two working days after that. Let's hope you don't.

Thanks Simon - I know all too well about the cards and the HMRC's charges, along with the additional charges carriers make "at random" :-(
    I'm hoping to be the right side of the line, but it's a bit too close to be sure - Monday will tell, if not it will be Thursday

Well, it arrived first thing this morning, nothing to pay :-)
    Everything appears to be in the box (which was undamaged). So now to do some basic checks and move over to somewhere more appropriate to ask questions and show progress.

9. Liked by: ross.pearson