Thread: FVB-4 Headstock question

FVB-4 Headstock question

The tuner holes are not the same as in picture. Is it a defect or an improvement? I expected symmetrical (1st pic, as advertised) but I could do with this style (2nd pic, mine).
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	FVB-4-14.jpg 
Views:	182 
Size:	31.7 KB 
ID:	41388Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Headstock.jpg 
Views:	163 
Size:	107.4 KB 
ID:	41389

I have no idea if it is intentional or not. If it's now standard, Pit Bull should update their kit picture so people know what they are getting.

Looking at the FVB-4 photo gallery here https://www.buildyourownguitar.com.a...ead.php?t=2625
    it looks like the headstock style has changed at some point, at least a year ago, possibly to avoid any legal issues (Gibson did get quite aggressive a few years back and although they generally lost their cases, it costs a lot of money to even fight a court case.

The string path seems almost straight for both arrangements, so there appears to be no benefit there. The tuners are further away from the nut, so strings with a longer fully-wound length shouldn't end up with the fat part of the string wrapped around the post.

I'd email Pit Bull and see what they say. If I wanted a V-bass, I'd definitely want symmetrical tuners. service@pitbullguitars.com

+1 on all Simon's points. Definitely talk to PB. It also looks narrower to me than the ad pic. Do the A and D tuners fit? They look awfully close if those are full sized tuning machines.

Sent from my ONEPLUS A3000 using Tapatalk

My FVB-4 was like this. I cannot remember if that was the original pictures from PB.
    The Y-style tuners are quite tight but do fit.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_0903.jpg 
Views:	133 
Size:	50.0 KB 
ID:	41669   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_0912.jpg 
Views:	127 
Size:	145.4 KB 
ID:	41670  
    PitBull Builds: FVB-4, LP-1SS, FBM-1, AG-2, TB-4, SSCM-1, TLA-1, TL-1TB, STA-1HT, DSCM-1 Truckster, ST-1, STA-1, MBM-1.

Scratch Builds: Pine Explorer, Axe Bass, Mr Scary, Scratchy Tele's.

The little voices in my head keep telling me "build more guitars"