Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: PBG-1 (I think?)

PBG-1 (I think?)

I bought this about three years ago, and never got around to finishing it. I loved the look of this design. I simply could not decide on a finish for it, and had sprayed it and even glued gold foil to it to see what i liked!
    So, entering the third month of lockdown, it has come off the shelf and I decided the other day to sand it back and clearcoat it with spray Cabot poly. I'm glad I did, it has come up a treat.
    I can't remember the model, I know it is a Pitbull unique design, I think it was called a PBG-1 )and the PBG-2 was the same with a Floyd Rose?) I'm sure someone can help me out there.
    Anyway, 2 octave neck and mahogany neck and body. What was I thinking with the paint idea?!
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Body.jpg 
Views:	141 
Size:	536.9 KB 
ID:	41385

Name:	body neck 1.jpg 
Views:	138 
Size:	594.0 KB 
ID:	41386
    Plans are to use all the kit parts, except orange caps and bone nut, that i have in the bag of parts. I bought the gold hardware option too, score!

That's great! I love the shape. I think it has a bit of a Music Man vibe.

If they still offered that style, I'd have to really consider it. (I'm bored with strats & teles atm - not playing them, just building them!)
    Making the world a better place; one guitar at a time...

Quote Originally Posted by McCreed View Post
    That's great! I love the shape. I think it has a bit of a Music Man vibe.

If they still offered that style, I'd have to really consider it. (I'm bored with strats & teles atm - not playing them, just building them!)
    Ask Adam, he might have one or two left, often he has odds and ends around. I like to too, it’s also really light

Well slowly getting it together. The other mod from stock kit is a set of Marshall knobs. I used one for the volume on the TLA with the amp - for the built in amp volume. here's another 4, still got 5 left!

Name:	body 1.jpg 
Views:	185 
Size:	806.2 KB 
ID:	41399

Those knobs suit the body colour and gold hardware perfectly. If the neck is a rosewood fretboard, it will really pull everything together nicely. (IMHO )
    Making the world a better place; one guitar at a time...

It looks really nice.

I can only imagine that either the factory stopped doing that style or they didn't shift quickly enough. Or with the Dedman-designed Pit Bull kit, maybe they felt that was enough of the more unique shapes.

Thank you! I have a few dust specks in the gloss finish that I'll have to polish out, but I'm happy to keep assembling as they are not near any components. Did some soldering last night, doing a standard LP wiring setup using all the stock bits except the orange caps. There's something quietly zen-like in careful soldering, or there was until the end of the iron fell off and burnt my leg.

Hi Simon not too bad thank you, I won’t be modelling tights this week.

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast