Page 8 of 8 FirstFirst ... 6 7 8

Thread: EVH Frankenbass

Quote Originally Posted by Andyxlh View Post
    Ha! It’s not to protect the finish, but to stop my thumb dropping into the gap between the pickup and body 😂
    Really enjoyed making this one. I’m now done with the stripes. Not started tapping yet 😁
    One year ago today EVH died 😕
    So it's a memorial project....

I guess it is 😕

Well, I managed to give this bass a good testing through the Ampeg PF500 during a rehearsal last night, and I must say I am impressed with the Tonerider PB pickup. For decades I have used D'Marzio model P in both my basses, and I like a 'growly' rock sound for my bass, so was a bit worried about the 'classic' tones advertised with the Tonerider. Needn't have worried, the pickup is a little more bassy than the DM, but has the same punch. Excellent!
    The PBG treble bleed on the volume pot works really well with bass too, I noticed a real difference in the way the sound behaved when the volume was backed off a little, the tone seemed to be better maintained and didn't go to mud.
    A successful night

There's very little that's better than when the axe you just built feel and sounds good. Good to hear about the Toneriders.

5. Liked by: Andyxlh

Yes I was happy indeed. And there didn’t seem to be any feedback on the Tonerider precision pickups I could find so I took a chance installing them over the DM or another ‘name’ brand. Not surprised that they are great as the Rocksongs and Tele classics are superb

Page 8 of 8 FirstFirst ... 6 7 8