Thread: First Kit EVER: FVB-4 !!!

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

First Kit EVER: FVB-4 !!!

Received my first kit yesterday: FVB-4. I scanned the first page of the forum and I guess not a lot of people are building this kit!

I will check all parts to see if anything is missing. Also, I have noticed a knot at the neck joint, wondering if this could make it too fragile.

More to come!

Okay, reality check! I don't have a name for half the parts in the bag, and I can't find a complete checklist of what should be included. Please direct me to the correct section of the site, I can't find it. Thanks!

There aren't any lists of parts per kit on the site I'm afraid.

Look at the first picture on the kit page, and that should show you what should be in the kit. Almost all of the smaller parts are in the multi-compartment bag.

https://www.pitbullguitars.com/shop/...rome-hardware/

Sounds like you'll want to upload some photos of the kit. You can host them elsewhere and link to the pictures, or the site will host them if they are resized to be below 1500 pixels on the pictures longest side (and less than 1MB in file size).

If you are on a PC, then the standard windows photo viewer has resize as a right-click option (chose a custom size). On a tablet or phone, there are plenty of resizing photo apps available. Or if you use Tapatalk to access the forum, then that has a resize function built-in.

A knot anywhere on a neck isn't great, but it does depend on size and location as to how bad. A picture of that would help us here.

Hi Simon,
    the FVB-4 was my first kit build. Lots of fun.
    PitBull Builds: FVB-4, LP-1SS, FBM-1, AG-2, TB-4, SSCM-1, TLA-1, TL-1TB, STA-1HT, DSCM-1 Truckster, ST-1, STA-1, MBM-1.

Scratch Builds: Pine Explorer, Axe Bass, Mr Scary, Scratchy Tele's.

The little voices in my head keep telling me "build more guitars"

That looks like it will make a cool metal bass! Won’t be painting it hot pink?