ST-1 Custom experiement

Hi,
    I've just ordered this:
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Screenshot at 2021-08-20 05-53-38.png 
Views:	157 
Size:	264.7 KB 
ID:	41330
    It's an ST-1 Custom that PitBull had returned.
    I'm going to have 2 kits on the go at once - a TB-4 Bass and this.

This build is going to be experimental. I have a bag of stickers that I'd really like to cover a guitar in then clear coat it to a nice smooth and shiny surface, and I needed a candidate. I had been chasing a cheap secondhand Squier, but that hasn't panned out, so a cheap kit guitar that doesn't have much in the way of inspiring timber under it is a reasonable candidate.
    I have upgraded to some black Grovers. I'm too old for cheap tuners.

Everything else is what's in the kit.

The plan:
    Coat it in Dingotone Blackstump - I should have enough left over from the TB-4 build. Once it's gone through the intensifying layer, I'm going to cover it in stickers. Obviously there will be some gaps between the stickers as I don't want to be layering the stickers on top of each other too much. The plan is to then hit it with a few coats of Cabot's Cabothane gloss, bring it back to a smooth finish then hit it again.

Being a hater of pickguards.. especially white ones, I'm debating spraying this one black, covering it in stickers as well and seeing if the Cabots would stick to it. This should help blend it in. The white humbuckers might annoy me, but I'll live. If it turns out OK, those humbuckers will probably get upgraded - my Epiphone Les Paul is long overdue for a pickup upgrade, so it might make a good donor.

The white knobs will go. I'll replace them with something. Probably black, and probably not strat style.

Pics when it gets here.