G'day,
I'm Dave from Ballarat in Victoria (*waits for the jokes about the cold*). I've been on the forum for the past couple of days and have a build diary started for the TB-4 and a thread for a Samick restoration. I figure I should introduce myself properly.
I've been playing bass for about 30 years. That's mostly 30 years of not practicing and not always playing. Occasionally I pickup a guitar and try to remember something other than a pentatonic scale.

I haven't done much with timber since high school, so I'm very much a newbie at the whole DIY guitar idea. I lack the space and tools to be doing scratch builds, so kits and restoring my old gear it is for the moment. I'm somewhat terrified of what lays ahead - a lot of this is new to me, but I'm hoping by moving slowly, doing research and taking my time that I can produce results that I'm hoping for.

I think a couple of my motivations for having a crack at this are: a) learning some new skills (seems to be the thing for me during the pandemic) and b) when I look at new guitars now it's hard to find the things I want at a reasonable price so this seems like a solution to that.

Thanks for reading!