Thread: Hello from California

Hello from California

I ordered an ⁹Es-3 but unfortunately the company who was supposed to deliver it yesterday misdelivered it and I haven't been to get them to track it down. I sent an email to Pitbull but I haven't heard back from them. Has anyone else had this problem and what was the resolution. I'm going to be really mad if they tell me too bad, we can't find it and you are out $370.00 .
    Last edited by Dbpoet; 14-08-2021 at 11:09 AM.

Hi Dbpoet, and welcome.

If the transporter delivered it to the wrong address, surely that's their fault and should be liable. I'd up their backside to find it big time if it were mine. Was there insurance on the package?

PBG are typically very responsive and I wouldn't get too anxious yet. It's already Saturday here so they might not be in the office/warehouse today. Hope you get it sorted.
    Making the world a better place; one guitar at a time...

I don't know where it was delivered to but when I came home today my package was on my doorstep, so apparently whoever it was misdelivered to was honest and brought it to me. I'm very grateful for that.

4. Liked by: ross.pearson

Quote Originally Posted by Dbpoet View Post
    I don't know where it was delivered to but when I came home today my package was on my doorstep, so apparently whoever it was misdelivered to was honest and brought it to me. I'm very grateful for that.
    It's little things like that that restore my faith in humanity (even if only a little bit).
    Glad you got your kit without any further distress.

Be sure and start a build diary and ask any questions along the way! Lots of helpful people here.
    Making the world a better place; one guitar at a time...

Nice kit! Start a diary, and double check the angle of the neck to bridge before you glue the neck in place.

Thanks for all the helpful suggestions

Yes, check the neck angle. The angle on both DarkMarks and my ES-3 was too shallow and the bridge sits too high for a god action. It's not an easy task to adjust the angle as you have to chisel away at the neck join. The only real alternative to adjusting the angle if it is too small so there's not enough height at the bridge location (if you run a straight-edge along the neck), is to swap the bridge to a Göldo Lowrider bridge (if you can find one), which is substantially lower than a standard ABR-1 or Nashville style bridge.

Unfortunately they only come in chrome, and I fitted gold hardware to my ES-3, so I'm currently stuck with a less than ideal set-up. You'll also need adapter posts, as the Göldo uses a 4mm post and the kit inserts are 8mm threads.