Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: No-One Knows Midnight Like Melinda

Remix done, the troops are happy and the animals fed and back in their cages.
    Gated drums removed funnily enough without debate
    Lead Vocal further forward ( band pulled down a bit )
    Harmonies moved in from 15% to 3% to bind closer with the lead vox
    Bass guitar, a bit of bottom removed and the mids pushed up a bit

As always I'll only leave it up for a few days

https://soundcloud.com/suthol/no-one...t-like-melinda

Max is the dude on the right holding the acoustic, I'm on the left with my PB Tuff Dog Tele and Bob Browne (RIP) in the middle
    Last edited by dave.king1; 14-08-2021 at 03:21 PM.

There's an instant vibe to this, I've got a vision of a near-empty dance floor as a band plays a final number and the staff are already packing up. There's definitely red velvet involved somewhere.

Thanks to all who took the time to listen, I have now removed the file.

Thanks for the comments Drew, maybe we'll get to make a video for it if the COVID curse ever lifts

Quote Originally Posted by dave.king1 View Post
    Thanks to all who took the time to listen, I have now removed the file.

Thanks for the comments Drew, maybe we'll get to make a video for it if the COVID curse ever lifts
    Bummer man, only now had time to look in, was getting excited reading this thread and BOOM the party is over.

I'll put it back up tomorrow for another couple of days.

No so much worried about copywrite for this track as it is a rerecord sung by the composer.

I get the whole bit about ownership once it is published but the world isn't necessarily a place of good intentions.

Prior to pulling it down the track had been shared onwards by persons unknown and soundcloud permissions could be a lot stronger than they are
    Last edited by dave.king1; 19-08-2021 at 07:16 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by dave.king1 View Post
    I'll put it back up tomorrow for another couple of days.

No so much worried about copywrite for this track as it is a rerecord sung by the composer.

I get the whole bit about ownership once it is published but the world isn't necessarily a place of good intentions.

Prior to pulling it down the track had been shared onwards by persons unknown and soundcloud permissions could be a lot stronger than they are
    Cheers, I'll check in again soon.
    EDIT, You could just play it out of your front door on 10, over here in Russel Vale I'd probably hear it
    Last edited by cork sniffer; 19-08-2021 at 01:32 PM.

I'll just leave it here CS, the neighbours don't need to hear my untalented twanging

https://soundcloud.com/suthol/no-one...t-like-melinda

Quote Originally Posted by blinddrew View Post
    There's an instant vibe to this, I've got a vision of a near-empty dance floor as a band plays a final number and the staff are already packing up. There's definitely red velvet involved somewhere.
    One of my bands always finished the night with The Stones It's All Over Now segued into Save The Last Dance For Me and the last band I was in always finished the night with The Spaniels "Goodnight Sweetheart" which sounded more Beach Boys because that's where our voices and harmonies sat.

Funny story about a Parents Without Partners night at Katoomba RSL ( these things are an absolute meat market )

There was a guy in a light grey onesie who obviously didn't have a lot on under it and of course when the lights dipped for Save The Last Dance he cuddled up nice and tight to his dance partner, his night probably ended there and then because when the lights came back on the was a large dark wet patch where there shouldn't have been.

The first shot was fired far too early, they were right up near the stage and his seat and the exit were right at the other end of the room

Drums sound much tighter now, good work on that. Vocal harmonies are nice. Really great sounding mix! I get some Eric Bogle vibes from it.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast