Thread: Musicians / Collaborators wanted.

Musicians / Collaborators wanted.

After the phenomenal success* of last solo album (https://drewstephenson.bandcamp.com/...erfect-machine ), and with the band still on a bit of a hiatus, I'm starting to plan out the next one. And having done almost everything myself last time I'd like to get some more people involved this time around.

One thing we've all learned over the last year is how to work remotely, so as well as asking my local friends I'm posting here as well to see if anyone is interested in joining in on some, one or many of the tracks in the coming collection.

I've linked to the last album above so you can get a taster of how my stuff generally runs, though at the moment I'm thinking that the new album will be a bit more 'folky' with a bit more focus on acoustic instruments.
    But currently the tracks are all in the rawest of stages and have the potential to go in almost any direction; there's plenty of scope for collaborators to shape not just the part, but the track as a whole.

So if any of this is of interest, please get in touch and I can share links to the rough tracks.

Thanks for reading,
    Drew

* At least two people have listened to it. Or at least had it on in the background. Possibly whilst working heavy machinery.

2. Liked by: PJSprog

Interesting move Drew.

I have set one of my mates up with Reaper on his laptop and Behringer Xenyx 502.

I create the backing track and then using Teamviewer remote in, create the project and record his vocals and then drag back.

Next step will be to do the same for my pedal steel player mate so we can keep recording while in lockdown.

Took a bit of effort to get it working properly for the vox because the Xenyx doesn't have combined monitor & playback but there is a workaround

Cheers Dave, I have no idea if anything good will come of it, but being as anyone I collaborate with is likely to be more skilled than me it's bound to drag the average up.
    I think practicalities will be interesting to be sure but we're out of lockdown here (at the moment) so there will be the possibility of doing some recording here for any local contributors (which will help).

Have been collaborating online with other musicians for years, mainly on a once well known guitar competition website that is now kinda defunct. Just had a listen to your track A Small Step, nice atmospheric work. Listening through a few other tracks now, it's good stuff.

Sounds like the new studio is treating you well, Drew.
    What Did You Play Today? ~PJS~

Build #1) KH-1 - November 2019 GOTM

I like to think so, I'm not sure that everyone who listens to the output would agree, but I think the neighbours like the soundproofing.